Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!

Article about: Hey all, Here's a few pieces from that big haul a couple of days ago. I was told that the upper left piece was a Panzer Officer's Eagle and that the hand-made looking example was also an off

Default 4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!

Hey all,

Here's a few pieces from that big haul a couple of days ago.

I was told that the upper left piece was a Panzer Officer's Eagle and that the hand-made looking example was also an officer's eagle. Admittedly, I was a bit brash with this purchase, but for what i paid for 50+ pieces, and given the pedigree of the bulk of the stuff I bought from this collector, I couldn't say no. Mods, I can post individual pics of each insignia after we suss them out, but I figured this would be easier to do in groups of four since there's a lot of them.

4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!

As always, thoughts and wisdom appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 4 Eagles for identification and authentication - wisdom appreciated!
    P
    Many

Hello,

Top left is a first pattern BeVo panzer enlisted man's breast eagle, Top right is a private purchase embroidered Heer enlisted man's breast eagle, Bottom left is an officer bullion breast eagle, Bottom right is a Heer private purchase embroidered enlisted man's breast eagle.

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

Top left is a first pattern BeVo panzer enlisted man's breast eagle, Top right is a private purchase embroidered Heer enlisted man's breast eagle, Bottom left is an officer bullion breast eagle, Bottom right is a Heer private purchase embroidered enlisted man's breast eagle.

Fred
    Fred,

Many thanks! I imagine if you felt that any of these were phony, you would have mentioned so in your post? The overwhelming bulk of what I got from this haul has proved authentic, so I feel good about it as a whole.

Again, much appreciated!

Hello Rock,

There are some in the collecting community that think the second and fourth eagle are reproductions. There is a repro that resembles the second eagle and some just do not care for the fourth one.

Fred