Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic

Article about: I picked this up from a good friend at the SOS. This is the tunic of an Oberleutnant of the 65th Grenadier Regiment, which was attached to the 22nd Luftlande-Division. This unit was one of t

Default 65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic

I picked this up from a good friend at the SOS. This is the tunic of an Oberleutnant of the 65th Grenadier Regiment, which was attached to the 22nd Luftlande-Division. This unit was one of the earliest non paratroop airborne transport units. They were first deployed in Holland in 1940 as airborne deployed. The unit later was deployed in Operation Barbarossa, where they were deployed in the Southern sector. In 1942, the unit was transfered first to Salonika and later to Crete in the late summer of 1942. In 1943, the unit was reorganizaed in to a motorized division and renamed the 22nd Volksgrenadier Division. The 22nd remained on garison duty until mid 1944, when they were redeployed to Yugoslavia where they were involved in anti-partisan activities.
    An interesting side note is that while still in Crete in the Spring of 1944, the commanding officer, Generalmajor Heinrich Kreipe, was abducted by a team of British Special Operations Executive.
    The tunic appears to be midwar and is manufactured from a gabardine material. The lack of a ribbon bar on this tunic would likely indicate that it belonged to an officer who joined the unit in Crete and did not receive the Ostfront Medal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic   65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic  

65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic   65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic  

65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: 65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic

What a great addition Bob , with tons of history to , awesome , cheers Raymond

Smile Re: 65TH Grenadier Officer Tunic

Nice!

Hello,
    That's a very nice Heer officer tunic...
    looks like a nice APB also...
    thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

That is a beauty Bob!

Hi Bob, that tnic is a beaut.Also, thanks for the unit history.

Bob, terrific enseble, but don't tell me that you have "left the party", too.....

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Bob, terrific enseble, but don't tell me that you have "left the party", too.....
    Absolutely not. However, I am adding some material outside of my focus. The reason is that I have been doing a number of educational displays lately. A little variety is far better than just the brown army.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.