Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Admiral Graf Spee, uniform part, real?

Article about: Dear Friends, someone has offered me this jacket, with this description "T-shirt belonging to an Engineer Warrant Officer of Admiral Graf Spee. The details of the person are Maschinenma

Default Admiral Graf Spee, uniform part, real?

Admiral Graf Spee, uniform part, real?Dear Friends, someone has offered me this jacket, with this description

"T-shirt belonging to an Engineer Warrant Officer of Admiral Graf Spee.
    The details of the person are Maschinenmat Felix Eschner, born November 1, 1914. Other brands carried a code number embroidered O. 521 / 23 M "

Real or fake?. Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Admiral Graf Spee, uniform part, real?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Admiral Graf Spee, uniform part, real?

Somehow im thinking this is a faked item, look at the crease in the arm, it appears to have been ironed recently but there is no crease in the anchor insignia, as if its been applied after ironing , its too clean for its age, and the other creases in the whole tunic would appear as if its been laundered, are there any markings inside

Thank you very much for the opinion. I'm going to ask the seller if have some mark on the inside

Quote by davejb View Post
    Somehow im thinking this is a faked item, look at the crease in the arm, it appears to have been ironed recently but there is no crease in the anchor insignia, as if its been applied after ironing , its too clean for its age, and the other creases in the whole tunic would appear as if its been laundered, are there any markings inside

Not marks

Quote by davejb View Post

I know very little about KM items, but surely this jumper should have a breast eagle in place?

I see no real evidence that this item belonged to this sailor. The only connection is the rank insignia.

I would pass on it. "Buy the item, no the story" as the old saying goes....

Cheers, Ade.

Hola Ade,

Yes, it's true. Is preferible, not buy this. Thank you very much for this and the other opinion.

Regards
    Jose Luis

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I know very little about KM items, but surely this jumper should have a breast eagle in place?

I see no real evidence that this item belonged to this sailor. The only connection is the rank insignia.

I would pass on it. "Buy the item, no the story" as the old saying goes....

Cheers, Ade.