Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Afrika Cuff Title

Article about: This Afrika Cuff Title is described as a linen version , is this an original & it is supposed too be rarer than the 'camel hair' type , can anyone tell me if this is correct & also w

?

Default Afrika Cuff Title

This Afrika Cuff Title is described as a linen version , is this an original & it is supposed too be rarer than the 'camel hair' type , can anyone tell me if this is correct & also with a price tag of £275 GBP is this top price for one of these ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Cuff Title  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Cuff Title
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Afrika Cuff Title

reverse

I cannot say I have heard of this variant?

The construction and embroidery look OK, but I would honestly only buy a "textbook" camel hair cloth version.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ok thanks Ade

Hello,
    It is the first time i see this variant and i don't know what to think. Adrian is right here, embroidery and construction looks very good...some authors mention the existence of such a type....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It is the first time i see this variant and i don't know what to think. Adrian is right here, embroidery and construction looks very good...some authors mention the existence of such a type....
    Thanks
    Philip , i have also seen another one of these advertised on a well known dealer site which also says that these versions are more rarer / scarce than the 'camel hair ' ones ! , so not sure what too make of it really

The terms like "rare variation" etc are usually a sales pitch and are often used to try and sell non standard items.

I honestly would stick to the accepted standard issue camel hair pattern. Should you ever wish to sell in the future, "textbook" items move quicker and will be a much better investment.

Cheers, Ade.

I partially agree with Adrian concerning the "rare variation" comment, but what else to write than "rare variant" when you sell one rare regulation item like a carbon spotted Zeltbahn or a tan folding shovel carrier...?
    Sometimes it's true and the item is indeed a rare variant.....
    Thanks

ps : my Afrika cufftitle is the camel hair type...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The terms like "rare variation" etc are usually a sales pitch and are often used to try and sell non standard items.

I honestly would stick to the accepted standard issue camel hair pattern. Should you ever wish to sell in the future, "textbook" items move quicker and will be a much better investment.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks again Ade & JPhilip for your comments & advice , as this is so far my only Afrika Cuff i am not upto speed with all the different types/variants , but i am pleased with this one . Are the 'camel hair' ones the most common ones ? also what about the Afrikacorps ones ?

Hi, yes, the camel hair one is the conventional issue. Here is mine.

The "Afrikakorps" title is a completely different thing. This is a formation title and not an award like the former.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast