Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Afrikakorps cuff title.

Article about: by Nigel Lesgate I just noticed the shape of the "O" in yours....its not right as the inside void should be oval or elongated not round. Check it out. Jeesus mate, mine is 100% per

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    I just noticed the shape of the "O" in yours....its not right as the inside void should be oval or elongated not round. Check it out.
    Jeesus mate, mine is 100% period of the issued in Afrika type and it is slightly elongated, just in that crappy pic it does not show up very clearly. It was just that picture shows the greenish colour better than the other pictures I have.

Maybe you need to go to specsavers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Afrikakorps cuff title m.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	612635  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Kurtz and Bunch are the same book....yes, there are bad pieces.
    And now that I see your front side it looks fine. Sorry, it looked round in the backside shot and from all the various threads on these-- that was a bit troubling.

Nigel,

I used to be a big time DAK/Tropical collector and still have it, though I don't collect such any more, so I was never in doubt about my example. I only posted the first pic as it shows the colour up really well, the other does not, but I do admit otherwise it is a pretty poor image.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes, I understand, its OK....these computers and the pix do not show things the way we desire sometimes. I too was a DAK guy for about 25 years but I bailed and moved to other WWI-II interests.. I try to keep a poker in the fire but unless you're in the thick of it the info has a way of fading away.

Thanks Folks for all your help regarding this armband.

Martin

Gents, the info I gave regarding the elongated "O" was erroneous and incorrect. I apologize as its a non issue here. Everything about the lettering with this piece is fine, I just wanted to clear that up, thanks!

No worries.

Don't forget the pinned thread on this subject.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12