Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Afrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.

Article about: Hi Chaps. I,ve had these two in my collection for a while now. They came from an old boy who collected insignia during the war years as a boy. But, i have had mixed opinions on them from dea

Default Afrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.

Hi Chaps. I,ve had these two in my collection for a while now. They came from an old boy who collected insignia during the war years as a boy. But, i have had mixed opinions on them from dealers, especially the Kreta cuff. Would appreciate any honest feedback.
    Cheers Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.   Afrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help

Hi Mark, the Afrikakorps is a "textbook" original, totally 100% original.

The "Kreta" is less easy to quantify. I can see why you have got mixed reviews in the past. I think the material being a woolen looking mixture is the first thing some people will pick up upon. (These titles are usually cotton/linen) However, if you compare this to an "Afrika" cuff tilte, this has a similar type of material, apart from the colour of course! A type of band with a woolen texture to the front but a plain woven back. The second point will be the execution of the acanthus leaves. These look a little different to the norm. However, I quite like the way the back of the lettering is formed. A cautious thumbs up. But selling it may always prove more tricky than a "textbook" version.

Cheers, Ade.

As Ade said, textbook early green Afrikakorps, but an odd Kreta. Its not textbook, so you need to find some others of the same type with a good history. It looks well made, but when is the question I cant answer.

Jerry

Cheers Chaps. I,ve managed to get some better pictures of the reverse side of the Kreta. What do you think?
    Best
    MarkAfrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.Afrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.Afrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.

Default Re: Afrikakorps and Kreta cuff titles: opinions sought.

Hi Mark, thanks for the good extra pics. I wish I could give you a definate answer, but I am still not 100% certain about this one. The embroidery is well executed and that I like. Have you blacklighted this and done a burn test?

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Chaps. I appreciate your good feed back. I haven't done any tests Ade. The reason being, i know where these have come from. The cuffs came from a small collection that i was fortunate to be able to purchase from a very good friend of my Fathers, who was born in 1930, and who are both of the same age. He collected militaria bits and bobs as a boy during the war years and during a conversation with my father a couple of years back he mentioned the fact that he had a box full of childhood stuff in the loft that i may like to have a look at. The cuffs and a whole bunch of nice pieces came from this collection. I will however look into these tests that you have mentioned.
    Best Regards and again. Many thanks.
    Mark

Hi Mark, given how you bought it, the odds are it will be good. It is just hard to give a firm 100% "yea or nay" against something which is a bit out of the ordinary.

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade. I'll keep hold of it now, seeing as i've been burn't quite badly this past couple of weeks. But , i will look into carrying out the Blacklight test.
    Many thanks once again for your valuable advice.

Hi Mark, see if you can pick up a small blacklight, the type that are intended to check on paper currency. They are cheap.

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade, i will. I've already Googled it, and will purchase one asap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast