Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Antique score case finds for authentication, lot of insignia and patches. "from Germany and Australia"

Article about: Walked into an antique store just out of curiosity, killing a little time on the way home. Their was a legend to the cases in the store on a clipboard by the entrance and the bold "NAZI

Default Antique score case finds for authentication, lot of insignia and patches. "from Germany and Australia"

Walked into an antique store just out of curiosity, killing a little time on the way home. There was a legend to the cases in the store on a clipboard by the entrance and the bold "NAZI ITEMS" on the list was hard to miss, so I wandered over to the case to see a plethora of insignia and badges.

Transport officer collar tabs (look like brown masonite backing inside?), some shoulder boards, quite a few mountain troop insignia, an SS breast eagle? Some strange medallions? A lady opened the case for me, says that the gentleman the stuff belongs to "lived in Germany and Australia" during the war, repeated it twice. Only out of a passing interest for other people's education that I bothered to mention it's Austria, not Australia. I guess geography wasn't her strong suit...

She said that the old gent had literally boxes of the round thingies, and that they were some kind of fundraising items? I was thinking they were fake but who knows?

Had most of the items brought out of the case and she let me take some cell phone pics of the more interesting items, I didn't buy anything.

The other items will be posted in the non combatant uniform and related stuff forum.

Also posting an interesting possibly period folding knife in the appropriate section..

What are the smaller rectangular ribbons I didn't get close ups of?

Is this stuff any good? Any and all feedback welcome, thx.

Antique score case finds for authentication, lot of insignia and patches. "from Germany and Australia"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Antique score case finds for authentication, lot of insignia and patches. "from Germany and Australia"
    P
    Many

Going by the pics, everything looks real. The breast eagle is Heer.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thx Ade ;-)

I forgot to include the last two shots, but have just added them. A couple different Edelweiss sleeve insignia and the breast eagle front and back. So it's just a Bevo breast eagle, but Heer, not SS. I thought maybe the black backing denoted SS, but I really don't know anything about this stuff.

PS You're right, of course... SS eagle is a totally different configuration. I knew that actually...

Not bevo. Bevo is machine woven. This is hand embroidered.

Black backed can be Heer Panzer. But equally this could be KM Admin Officers.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Wow, just a little confusing... Panzer Heer, that sounds like a neat one to get a hold of for someone who collects insignia. Judging by the rest of the mostly ground troop items, more than likely Panzer than KM? Thx for explanation on Bevo, I'm still a little (or more than a little) murky on this stuff. This would be the "flatwire" embroidered, or is flat wire used both for Bevo and hand embroidered items.

Thx ;-)

PS Do the shoulderboards match the breast eagle by any chance, they are black also.

Flatwire is another form of machine woven insignia.

The shoulder boards are Waffen SS Supply and Technical services at $80 is a good deal.

Oh, I see. I thought it was the material used.

Looking at the extra pics you have put up, the Officers wire embroidered Edelweiss is SS too. But I have concerns on that one.

That particular Edelweiss looks awfully clean, near new, or never used. At any rate, it looks newish for something that's old.

Your sig worked ;-) I changed my color while we were posting.

?

Just because something looks new doesn't mean it's not old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast