Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any ideas what this badge is?

Article about: I have never seen anything like this before. It is obviously Luftwaffe, but what else is it? It almost looks like a ship with a mast. I wish I could post a larger foto. Thanks for any help.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Any ideas what this badge is?

I wonder where Greg came up with all this stuff? I have enough weird and bizarre pins to keep you busy for a few weeks.

2. # ADS

?

I may be way off and suffering from dementia,
    Didn't the German parliament pass an act to allow the wearing of WWII decorations and awards minus the swastika?
    If this award was given on paper couldn't a vet have had one issued later because he would have being entitled to it, that would solve the missing swastika problem.
    Just asking!

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by wfrad View Post
    I may be way off and suffering from dementia,
    Didn't the German parliament pass an act to allow the wearing of WWII decorations and awards minus the swastika?
    If this award was given on paper couldn't a vet have had one issued later because he would have being entitled to it, that would solve the missing swastika problem.
    Just asking!
    Yes they did. The missing Swastika is not the problem. OBVIOUISLY it was made AFTER the war. My problem is WHY would they make this pin after the war if nobody was awarded it? That is "Anti-Germanic" I just don't think ANYBODY would invest the money to tool up this pin (or the Balloon pin) if there were no wearers or buyers. Can anybody but me see a problem with this?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    OBVIOUISLY it was made AFTER the war. My problem is WHY would they make this pin after the war if nobody was awarded it? That is "Anti-Germanic" I just don't think ANYBODY would invest the money to tool up this pin (or the Balloon pin) if there were no wearers or buyers. Can anybody but me see a problem with this?
    Judging on the poor quality of the pin , no much money was invested!! If it is casted, the investment would be less then 75 euro for the matrix.
    The price of making the "mother piece" would depend on the qualifications of the artist you would hire, let's say an extra 75 to 250 euro.
    And the buyers would be found among us; the collectors.
    I know several collectors of those "1957 "awards.

OKW
    ?

Quoting from one of my new Bender publications, "some copies of this late war badge did indeed exist, but most likely did not see actual issuance". There is a photo of the order, which is quite small and doesn't scan well, authorising the making/ issue of this award, on the order is a photo of the badge so there must have been at least one to have been photographed.

This is why our little hobby is so much fun. I do see the point of them being decorated on paper so that they could and would be awarded post war.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12