Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Army eagle

Article about: Steve, I actually had that thread book marked (amongst many others) as it was a good reference. Pammy, It should measure about 4" from tip to tip. I'm fairly certain this is a breast ea

?

Default Re: Army eagle

breast eagle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army eagle
    P
    Many

?

Hi Pammy,
    Can't speak to the color, however there are some concerns on this one. First is the error in stitching that I have circled in red in the photo below.

As to the thread Steve was referencing, I've included a link. Breast Eagles are by no means my area of expertise so it would be best to wait for someone with more knowledge in this area.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...-eagles-18770/

I think I do remember seeing this one at the location you got it from and passed on it for the reason I mentioned as well as based on the info in the attached thread. Not expensive, but the red flags were enough to make me walk away. I could be completely wrong, though!

Army eagle

?

hello eric,yeah i was not sure either but they are so nice up there and i got it for $10 so even if fake it would display very nice with my bearer patch.thanks eric ,i will wait and see if anyone else has seen one?thanks for posting the link.

?

Well at $10, I'd say it was well worth it and will make a nice display piece! I think when I saw it, it was being offered for $30....

?

hello,no they had $20 on it but since you seen it is it breast eagle? to me it looks a little smaller then the normal breast eagles i seen.maybe because its fake im not sure?thanks for the link as you been such a big help.!can anyone tell me from tip to tip on the eagles wings in inches what a breast eagle should be since i have none here to compair?thanks

I'm certainly no expert....................!

Used to be a time when there were no worries about 'BeVo' cap or breast
    eagles being faked - they were common. Now that they are commanding
    higher prices, even these insignia are being repro'ed.

Thanks for the link, Eric. Knew I'd seen it here before !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

here it is displayed..looks ok until i get lucky and find a real one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army eagle   Army eagle  

It looks good to me. But I am not an authority on these. I think one way to tell is to hold it up to the light. You should see horizontal lines in the outer material area (if that makes any sense.)

Regards

Jeff

?

thanks again eric, you have been a big help ! take care and pm me anytime.. hello jeff,thanks for that as i will try it. either way its just a great looking eagle and the price was right.thanks guys.

Sure looks good in the display, Pammy.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast