Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?

Article about: Buying it was the easy part...Now you have to start dressing it back up with a few little things....like a Honour Clasp and a Ritter....you know, a couple small baubles...

?

Ok. I called it a jewelers copy, but it may be factory made. Either way, it's decent.
    Sorry if the pics are sub-par.
    The core is magnetic and it has all the proper stamps. Although someone repainted it at some point. I'm In the process of stripping it and doing it right this time by masking it off accordingly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?   Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?
    P
    Many

Thanks for the photos Dean. I aspire to have a KC someday.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I think I've made my decision. Especially thanks to those who comments on the clips on the back of the collar. And all fears have been put to rest.

I am happy to say, I am now the owner of the Hauptmann tunic with the clips on the back of the collar. Can't wait to get my hands on it so that I can see it in detail. I was also thinking I could do some research and try to find out if there was any personnel within the Infantry Regiment 106 that was awarded a neck award.

Feldwebel Josef Gollas Platoon leader of the 6./Infantrie-Regiment 106 awarded the RK November 18,1941?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Feldwebel Josef Gollas Platoon leader of the 6./Infantrie-Regiment 106 awarded the RK November 18,1941?
    Thank you very much for that friend. I will have to do some research on Mr. Josef Gollas.

Add: A big thanks to all who have commented thus far. This forum contains a wealth of knowledge, but it contains some first class individuals, too. It is always a good feeling when I know I'm about to have some free time and I can sign onto this site.

On the odd chance that it Could have been Gollas, here is a subquality photo of him wearing a similar but different tunic-which could be explained as being in 1941 at the time of his award and before his subsequent further career in the Heer. He also was awarded the Honour clasp, if online info is to be believed. Unfortunately, there is very little else to find on him..

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well done Wagriff, and thank you again. It is, indeed, a possibility. It also could of been a different neck award, of course. Maybe I'll get lucky and solve the mystery. The size and tailor may prove helpful. I posted more pictures of the tunic in my collection thread for those who are interest.

Note in the early photograph above of Mr. Josef Gollas he has the EK2 ribbon sown onto his tunic. Obviously, the Russian Front medal would've came later. It isn't definitive proof by any means, but nonetheless, a similarity.
    So, like the tunic, he was in the Infantrie-Regiment 106. Was also award the RK, and the EK2 which he displayed in the same manner as the tunic I purchased.

Even more intriguing, the left(right when looking at it) collar tab, and eagle of my tunic seems to be in the Exact same position as the ones in the picture. The only noticeable difference is the shoulder-boards, which doesn't say much considering the photo is from 41'. Please compare the angles and positioning of said insignia.
    Undoubtably a long shot, but still a possibility, nonetheless.

Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast