Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?

Article about: Buying it was the easy part...Now you have to start dressing it back up with a few little things....like a Honour Clasp and a Ritter....you know, a couple small baubles...

Update: The tunic arrived today, and upon inspection I discovered the EK2 ribbon was once fixated in the exact same location, I used the buttons as a reference, than the one shown in the image of Gollas Platoon from 1941. It appears that once the owner of the tunic was awarded the Winterschlacht Im Osten, he removed the EK2 ribbon, shortened it, and then reapplied it at the higher position where it is currently rest.
    Of course, this is still only speculation on my part, and by no means definitive proof, but I do feel it is one step closer in determining who the owner of the tunic was. I will take some pictures of the left over thread from where the EK2 once was, and upload them shorty.
    Question, does anyone know how I could obtain further information on Mr. Gollas? Thank you all for your input and assistance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?
    P
    Many

Here is a image of the original stitching for the EK2 ribbon. It was hard to photograph, but if you enlarge the picture and look closely you can see it.
    The stitching is at the bottom right hand corner.

Hopefully it is Gollas. Looks like he survived the war and lived until 1980.

Josef Gollas wurde am 12. Dezember 1914 geboren. Für seine Leistungen in der Schlacht um Mogilew erhielt er am 18. November 1941 als Feldwebel das Ritterkreuz. Im Divisionsgeschichtsband “Der Weg der Division 1939-1942” heißt es: “Eine besondere Leistung vollbrachte in diesen Tagen Feldwebel Gollas, der dem Feind trotz mehrfacher Verwundung aus eigenem Entschluss einen zum Stützpunkt ausgebauten Häuserblockentriss. Diese Heldentat wurde mit dem Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes belohnt.”Josef Gollas war nach dem Krieg Mitbegründer der Kameradschaft der “ehemaligen 106er” in Aschaffenburg. Er gehörte auch zu der Delegation, die nach dem Krieg in Epernay mit den "Revenants et Anciens du 106", dem Kameradenverband des ehemaligen französischen I.R. 106, Kontakt aufnahm. Das französische I.R. 106 und das deutsche I.R. 106 hatten sich im Frankreichfeldzug 1940 einige Zeit gegenüber gelegen.Josef Gollas betrieb seit 1958 eine Kleiderfabrik und war aufgrund dessen überregional bekannt. Er hatte am 22.11.1980 auf einer seiner Geschäftsreisen einen schweren Autounfall und starb am 12.12.1980 an den Verletzungen (an seinem 66. Geburtstag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?   Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Inch by inch, it's looking better for an ID. Died in a car wreck on his 66th birthday....Not a good way to celebrate.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The images supplied by stonemint further support that it is, indeed, Mr. Gollas. Shown in the second and third images, my tunic also has two sets of loops for awards in the same position as the images. I will post a picture shorty. Thank you very much stonemint. So much is adding up, I am starting to believe my theory is quite possibly accurate.

Said image.
    Sorry for the poor quality, it is late here.

Personally, I'd call it. How many RK winners were there in the 106 IR? And with that rank and configuration of awards with that cut of tunic? I think the chances are pretty slight that it is anyone Else.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, I'd call it. How many RK winners were there in the 106 IR? And with that rank and configuration of awards with that cut of tunic? I think the chances are pretty slight that it is anyone Else.
    I can not thank you and Mr. Stonemint enough. I know many are not into personality items, but personally, I am.
    The help of the members of this forum is a invaluable service, and unmatched anywhere else. I am internally grateful. Not just for the help in regards to this one particular item, but all that has been provided. My collection would be, for lack of a better word, a disaster without you all. Thank you once more.

Way to go!
    Attached Images Attached Images Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient? 
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Way to go!
    Indeed, thanks to Mr. Stonemint and Mr. Wagriff.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast