Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Army overcoat info needed

Article about: Had patches removed ,you can see a darker out line not as faded as rest of coat where patches were,looks like eagle over a triangle patch on left sleeve,hard to get a pic of.Any idea what wa

Default Army overcoat info needed

Had patches removed ,you can see a darker out line not as faded as rest of coat where patches were,looks like eagle over a triangle patch on left sleeve,hard to get a pic of.Any idea what was there?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army overcoat info needed   Army overcoat info needed  

Army overcoat info needed   Army overcoat info needed  

Army overcoat info needed   Army overcoat info needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army overcoat info needed
    P
    Many

I agree, I can see the eagle and possibly a Krim or similar type shield outline below it.

Hello,
    In my opinion, it is an eagle and a rank insignia (like for a Rottenführer)...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I think a campaign shield would be worn above the eagle....but not positive. Agree with JP...

OK guys, my eyes suck. I'm with you. I was looking at the bottom right photo which is actually the outline of the eagle and rank. I will drink a gallon of carrot of juice before I comment on any more eye test threads.

Jay

Hello again,
    Perhaps could you post more photos of this interesting Mantel, it looks promising....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    OK guys, my eyes suck. I'm with you. I was looking at the bottom right photo which is actually the outline of the eagle and rank. I will drink a gallon of carrot of juice before I comment on any more eye test threads.

Jay
    Hang in there Jay !! "Woof" !! Carrot juice..

Thanks guys for the opinions,too bad insignia was removed,will post more pics ,its no doubt a period coat IMO.