Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beginners help needed!

Article about: Hello all, I was given a collection of German/Nazi memorabilia as a present and am in the process of displaying them and would like some information on what they are so I can add a descripti

?

Default Beginners help needed!

Hello all,

I was given a collection of German/Nazi memorabilia as a present and am in the process of displaying them and would like some information on what they are so I can add a description underneath each piece.

Unfortunately my knowledge is pretty basic so I have stumbled upon this forum in the hope someone can help. I know which are Wehrmacht and which are not so will add the rest to another part of the site but these are the ones I hope you can help me on. I know the cotton stitched ones are earlier and the metal stitched patches are later.

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd

Beginners help needed! Beginners help needed!

Beginners help needed!Beginners help needed!

There are more but I don't want to overload the thread yet just in case.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beginners help needed!
    P
    Many

Welcome to the Forum...The top bird is a Luftwaffe/Air Force Eagle- either a breast eagle or for the overseas cap, depending on size...The second bird appears to be a Kriegsmarine/Navy Eagle, again either a breast eagle or for the overseas cap, depends on the size...The Black Eagle is for the Panzer/Tank Overseas Cap, and the Bottom eagle appears to be a Wehrmacht/Army overseas cap insignia, but it's not a version I'm familiar with...I can't comment on Originality though...
    cheers, GLenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-03-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Hi Lloyd, welcome to the forum!

Only the Luftwaffe eagle is good.

The rest are 1970's fakes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, well, at least they were given to you. If you are aspiring to start collecting this sort of stuff, you are in the right place to do some study and research. You should post up the other items you were given too, who knows, you may have a treasure. If not at least you'll know.

?

Thank you all, some great information. I was afraid that some may be fake/reproductions but am not too bothered as they are just for display and I am not intending for this to be a start of a collection (I hope). Here are a few more:

I am thinking early Wehrmacht (or fake haha)

These next ones I know are later designs:

Sorry once again these are all fakes from the 1970's.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Lloyd View Post
    I am not intending for this to be a start of a collection
    That's what they all say!

You start with this...
    Beginners help needed!

And end with this!
    Beginners help needed!

?

Haha Glenn, I don't think the girlfriend would appreciate that!

Adrian, that's no problem but are they at least fairly faithful reproductions? I am more interested in actually finding out what they are/what period they represent etc for display purposes.

Just as an aside, what happened in the 1970's that made reproduction of Nazi memorabilia so popular?

Hi Lloyd..the toughtest part of the hobby other than detecting fakes..is a misunderstanding girlfriend..welcome to the club..as most of us are in that boat..yet..a good majority of the Gents here have a girl friend or wife that are worth more than the collectibles we study..as they are very supportive.

#2 . Great thoughts as some reproductions are very good in detail that have represented particular branches of service. These copies that you have wold be a goodstart of a great study..and research within this forum..which the information is exhaustive and endless. Take a walk through some of the threads we have here you will see more than you have ever thought has existed during this period.

#3. Controversial and Dark time periods always seem to lure those who would want to know more of the " what where when and why" . The more of the desire to acquire of any item..the more of a market value it becomes. Desire and demand puts a price tag on anything we seek or study.
    Im sure a few more Gents here will b able to elaborate further..on market value on these things we collect..and also further elaborate on the items you have posted for this forum.

Enjoy your stay Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    a good majority of the Gents here have a girl friend or wife that are worth more than the collectibles we study..as they are very supportive.
    Mines not

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast