Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.

Article about: Hello all! I can buy this "Wrap" from a well-known collector. Can you please help me with verification? I think it's an original with a newly sewn eagle (but original eagle). THANK

Default Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.

Hello all!

I can buy this "Wrap" from a well-known collector. Can you please help me with verification? I think it's an original with a newly sewn eagle (but original eagle).

THANK YOU !

Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.
    Last edited by Mike916; 12-11-2019 at 10:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.
    P
    Many

Hi Mike. Please check the rules; post photos here and do not hyperlink. Reason being when your links are expired the photos disappear and thread is of no value to anyone without photos.

Matt is correct, we do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    This thread will explain how to post photos to this forum.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks ok from the limited photos. The eagle is indeed replaced.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Not keen on the ‘lump’ on the top of the Adler... odd profile with the head above the level of the wings.
    As Ade says, it looks alright prima-facia, but far better images are vital.

I am not really comfortable with the photos you show. The lapel and collar size balance looks a bit off for a late wrapper with rayon lining and the belt hook straps are also not typical style for a panzer wrapper, but configured like that of a M43 uniform. The straps may have been modified, but tankers rarely used belt hooks on their jackets anyway, so wartime tinkering with the straps is not so likely. They would rather cut the straps off than replace them with a webbed version. Check shoulder lining for the presence of cheesecloth reinforcement inside. More photos of the belt hook holes in the back and close-ups of buttons would help. Markings also do not appear to have all the required digits for sizes.

TWS
    ?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    I am not really comfortable with the photos you show. The lapel and collar size balance looks a bit off for a late wrapper with rayon lining and the belt hook straps are also not typical style for a panzer wrapper, but configured like that of a M43 uniform. The straps may have been modified, but tankers rarely used belt hooks on their jackets anyway, so wartime tinkering with the straps is not so likely. They would rather cut the straps off than replace them with a webbed version. Check shoulder lining for the presence of cheesecloth reinforcement inside. More photos of the belt hook holes in the back and close-ups of buttons would help. Markings also do not appear to have all the required digits for sizes.
    Definitely some good points to look at. Although I'm not alarmed by the straps made out of webbing. Some were made out of lining material, but the webbing was also done. Marking traces do warrant a closer look. Actually, more and better photos of everything would be great.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Here's what I meant by the odd collar and lapel size balance. I put your example along my examples of the so-called 3rd type wrappers to show how small the collar area is on yours, making it almost as small as the collar of the first model wrapper. You can see that there would hardly be any space left around a standard collar tab on yours. I would personally stay clear of that jacket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.  

Thank you for your answers.

Unfortunately, I do not currently have better photos. This Wrap was in the my hands when I was photographing this picture, but I have no other. The seller is an older person who does not send any more pictures. If I go to his house again, so only in the case of trade.

I had this jacket in my hand and it looked very good. I have several german jacket in my collections and it reminded me very much of the material, lining and sewing.

nick komiya:
    I think this is irrelevant. The jackets in the pictures are ironed, but the jacket in my picture is slightly crumpled. Watch where the hook is. It is obvious that the collar is rolled up and not nicely stretched.

Look here to what I mean. Here is visible by the location of the hook.

Black Panzer Wrap/ please help with verification.

I won't touch that jacket, but it's not my money, so good luck to you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast