Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Breast or Cap?

Article about: Hi all, Can anyone please tell me if this is a cap or breast eagle. I have tried to research this but still not sure so thought it best to ask the guys who would know. Thanks Steve.

Default Breast or Cap?

Hi all, Can anyone please tell me if this is a cap or breast eagle. I have tried to research this but still not sure so thought it best to ask the guys who would know. Thanks Steve.Attachment 803682Attachment 803683
    Quilly58

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Breast.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry, can you explain the main difference between the two. I have an officers tunic with a very similar eagle on it but this eagle is not as wide as the one on the tunic. Is there a general rule of thumb to work to in noting the difference between them.
    Cheers Steve.
    Quilly58

?

When I read the title my first reaction was that the author has lead a sheltered life if he can't tell the difference between a cap and a breast.

Hi Steven, it is all down to size But I would say that is actually a large cap eagle.

A breast eagle will be around 4 inches across, whereas a cap eagle will be around 2.5 inches across.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, felt like a bit of a pr**k asking but noticed it is at least 1/2" shorter than the breast eagle on the tunic I bought from you so naturally thought it was a cap eagle but needed to know for sure. In the books I have it does not mention the size of a cap eagle, just the location measurements where it is fitted on the cap.
    Cheers Steve.
    Quilly58

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steven, it is all down to size But I would say that is actually a large cap eagle.

A breast eagle will be around 4 inches across, whereas a cap eagle will be around 2.5 inches across.

Cheers, Ade.
    Cheers Ade, yes got a few breast Eagles and all are around the 4" mark.
    Quilly58