Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Breast Eagle?

Article about: I picked this up for a 1\\$ at a local antique store, my guess is it is a bad repro, the head is facing the wrong way and it looks too new...

Default Breast Eagle?

I picked this up for a 1$ at a local antique store, my guess is it is a bad repro, the head is facing the wrong way and it looks too new...

Breast Eagle?
    Breast Eagle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Breast Eagle?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Breast Eagle?

Hi Ben, you are correct on all counts.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade I did not realize at the time the head was backwards, I need to becomes as familiar with German items as I am with US... there are to many things to remember and I do not see that many German items

That style of weave, as seen from the reverse, is indicative of a fake. See how the weave extends beyond the area of the badge itself right over the backing cloth.

I don't have a M44 pattern eagle to show, but this M36 style will illustrate the point. The weave is only behind the area of the badge itself and does not extend over the backing cloth.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Breast Eagle?  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you for the tip, I will get a breast eagle some day, hopefully attached to a m40 tunic

M44 eagles are slightly different to other Bevo eagles on the reverse, with part of the weave extending beyond the area of the eagle, but not like the thread starter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Breast Eagle?   Breast Eagle?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry, that is exactly what I wanted to show.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you Jerry I have studied your eagle guide before but I have gone so long without seeing it that I have forgot, I will have to check it out again.

Always glad to help if I can.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.