Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Bremen-Lesum 1 patch???

Article about: I would appreciate some help identifying this patch. I did a search on the Internet but was not able to locate a single reference to it. It was removed from something and still has some of t

Default Bremen-Lesum 1 patch???

I would appreciate some help identifying this patch. I did a search on the Internet but was not able to locate a single reference to it. It was removed from something and still has some of the material attached to it's back.

It is part of a lot that includes six items that appear to be either clipped from a length of ribbon or are single pieces of ribbon. They are dark olive green in color and include the circle as shown in the photo. In addition to these there is one slightly larger clipping/patch that is about 25mm square and is of the circle pattern only. Since it has no markings I was not sure how to look this one up, so if you can identify that for me as well it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bremen-Lesum 1 patch???
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The Black patch is a district patch for a German Red Cross uniform. The Field grey patch is an uncut, post 1940, Heer, BeVo weave, enlisted mans cap trapezoid. The circular patch is called a roundel orcocade used on an enlisted mans hat under an eagle.

Fred

Thanks for the quick reply guys! Now with this info I can do some more research. Which begs the question, are these worth anything to a collector? Probably not but I had to ask.

?

The Red Cross is in rough condition but should have a $35 to 40 dollar retail value but as said it would be a slow sale.

Fred, I am curious. How did you know it was from a Red Cross uniform specifically? I figured it was some sort of a district patch but everything I see that relates to the Red Cross has a Red Cross on it, just below the eagle. I haven't been about to find any example of a patch like this on any Red Cross uniform or on anything that relates to the Red Cross. Educate me please, thanks.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

I have collected Heer cloth insignia for years and come across uniform insignia of other branches and organizations all the time. I was offered one not to long ago which I should have picked up!! The Book "BADGES AND INSIGNIA OF THE THIRD REICH" by Brian Davis has an example in it too.

Fred

Thanks Fred! I never doubted your answer I was just curious as to how you managed to know about it.