Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?

Article about: Hi all & a happy new year , i have just been going through some things in my drawer & came across this bullion eagle , i know she ain't pretty but just wondered if this is any good o

?

Default Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?

Hi all & a happy new year , i have just been going through some things in my drawer & came across this bullion eagle , i know she ain't pretty but just wondered if this is any good or not ?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?   Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?  

Attached Images Attached Images Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?  Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ? 
    Last edited by HD1450; 01-01-2012 at 08:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?

Certainly an unusual from to the adler, is it cap size? Looks similar to Italian made examples, though not identical, but these are hand made. The use of only one type of bullion is often not a good sign. Hard to give a 100% certain answer, but if an original, then of Italian make seems likely, though it might be an older copy.

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but it's ungainly appearance is not an issue, as some of these are horrible, with no beak etc... and the luftwaffe examples are often even worse.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Certainly an unusual from to the adler, is it cap size? Looks similar to Italian made examples, though not identical, but these are hand made. The use of only one type of bullion is often not a good sign. Hard to give a 100% certain answer, but if an original, then of Italian make seems likely, though it might be an older copy.

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but it's ungainly appearance is not an issue, as some of these are horrible, with no beak etc... and the luftwaffe examples are often even worse.

Hi Jerry , appreciate the help , it measures approx 90mm x 30mm

So a tunic eagle, which the backing is the correct shape for. What is the off white backing material made of, card or cloth? Again, I can only say it's either an Italian made example or an older copy. If I can find some, I will look at images of Italian made examples and see how many types of bullion they typically use on these.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    So a tunic eagle, which the backing is the correct shape for. What is the off white backing material made of, card or cloth? Again, I can only say it's either an Italian made example or an older copy. If I can find some, I will look at images of Italian made examples and see how many types of bullion they typically use on these.

Hi Jerry , it looks like the backing is made of layered card .

Thanks, as I said, I'll try and research Italian examples, maybe tomorrow.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Thanks, as I said, I'll try and research Italian examples, maybe tomorrow.

Thanks Jerry , anyone else got one like this or have seen one ?

I did some research and it is difficult to find for certain Italian made examples, but those I found used multiple bullion, not just one and also mostly looked much poorer than this, so it's probably an old copy, though I'll keep an eye out and if I can find anything to change that opinion, I'll post it. Again, sorry I can't be 100% either way on this.

Maybe someone else can offer an opinion, as it would be good to have a certain answer, for ref purposes.
    Regards,

Jerry

For me, it is an older copy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks again Jerry for your time & thanks Ade for your opinion , looks like it will hit the bin then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast