Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?

Article about: This guy has this Tunic on ebay as an Colonel in the Army finance division. What do you see if wrong with this picture? lol

Default Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?

This guy has this Tunic on ebay as an Colonel in the Army finance division. What do you see is wrong in this picture? lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?   Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?  

Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?  Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?  Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?  Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can you guess this Tunic and or the accessories?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looking at this from my phone so hard to see. But the ribbon bar has the war merit cross WITH swords. Plus the bar has the Ek ribbon and what I think is the Eastern Front medal (again . ....looking at it from a cell phone).

And of course the SS stamp on the buckle...wouldn't be complete without an SS stamp or two....lol

I can't opine on the buckle but bad I'm sure
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My observation it looks like a mix of stuff. The cuff title I can't find one that looks like that unless it is SS. The belt looks like it is an parade SS embroidered belt but the buckle looks like he took a 1929 pattern SA Eagle insignia and added it to the gold wreath SS buckle. The green borders on the shoulder board from what I can tell look Panzergrenadier with a cypher or its light infantry. I do not see any rank collar tabs nor do I see a ribbon for earning the DAK cuff title. Some one correct me on this or have I taken too many meds tonight? At first look, I originally thought the summer breast eagle was Kriegsmarine but could not tell very well at the angle of it in the pics. But one thing I noticed was on the reverse of the buckle it has SS runes on it. Has the KC ribbon. I thought the war merit cross 1st class is worn higher up....oh heck what do I know....you guys tell me if I got my guesses right or wrong. And also the guy claims the name tag is a COA.

Quote by Ironheart View Post
    I do not see any rank collar tabs nor do I see a ribbon for earning the DAK cuff title. Has the KC ribbon. I thought the war merit cross 1st class is worn higher up....oh heck what do I know....you guys tell me if I got my guesses right or wrong.
    Just for the sake of accuracy, there is no such thing as a "ribbon for earning the DAK cuff title" and no Knight's Cross ribbon is on this tunic.

And also the guy claims the name tag is a COA.
    The label, whatever it is supposed to be, is nonsensical.

For example, the surname is repeated in the space for marital status, the entries in the spaces for religion and occupation are gibberish; oh, and: isn't he a bit young for a full colonel?

Sorry I meant to say Iron cross ribbon. Yep too many meds last night. I am down with Flu and a high temp and I am seeing triple! lol I was hoping my learning curve had improved! Rats! Back to the books. I thought you had to have served in the African-Italian campaign to earn the cuff title. So now I have to go back and re read the book on it. Jesh! I sure thought that if you had been in that campaign you get the medal and that entitles wearing the cuff title. Now I am really confused.

That is what I mean, the guy who posted it on ebay, threw things together and is trying to pass it off as authentic. Has anyone figured out what branch the shoulder board is?

Can't enlarge the pic...but possibly Administative " Beamter " ? Which would somewhat agree with the sellers description of "Finance officer"

Tunic itself looks like it could be an original summer white Heer tunic, correct color pin back eagle. Belt buckle looks fake. Collar tabs normally not applied on summer white cotton tunics.

The guy got around a lot too. Africa & Russia. They kept him busy.

All I can make out from the pics
    Last edited by real steel; 01-16-2018 at 03:18 PM.

I thought you had to have served in the African-Italian campaign to earn the cuff title. So now I have to go back and re read the book on it. Jesh! I sure thought that if you had been in that campaign you get the medal and that entitles wearing the cuff title. Now I am really confused.
    The medal for the German-Italian campaign in Africa was an Italian decoration and not a necessary condition for an award of the German cuffband.

Also, this is a different cuffband anyway: The "AFRIKAKORPS" cuff title was worn by all troops deployed to Africa and was basically just a formation insignia. The campaign award that had to be formally bestowed and became a permanent part of the wearer's uniform was the "AFRIKA" cuff band.

Too much mistakes.
    The inner tag is just bogus in my opinion!
    The buckle is a laugh......
    I would not want it, even I got it for free!!