Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cap eagle pin ORIGINAL or FAKE?

Article about: Hi, I'm looking in buying this cap eagle but I'm not sure if it's genuine or not. If it genuine, how much it worth?

Also, for the privilege extended to you, the seeker of the expertise on this site-- so easily offered and based on decades of experiences and millions of dollars spent on real Nazi regalia-- kindly make a contribution of a small sum to Adrian Stevenson's site, our home, and the source of much goodness in a world that is otherwise wracked with chaos, poison gas, lies and confusion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap eagle pin ORIGINAL or FAKE?
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Also, for the privilege extended to you, the seeker of the expertise on this site-- so easily offered and based on decades of experiences and millions of dollars spent on real Nazi regalia-- kindly make a contribution of a small sum to Adrian Stevenson's site, our home, and the source of much goodness in a world that is otherwise wracked with chaos, poison gas, lies and confusion.
    Couldn't agree more. For the outlay of $25 you can ask as many questions as you like and you'll be more positively thought of for having contributed to this sites ongoing development.

Sorry for that

I thought of that, just entered the site 2 days ago, I don't give money like this without testing first, so if I understand you're charging me for questions and if I don't pay you don't answer?

Quote by carnalgeneral View Post
    I thought of that, just entered the site 2 days ago, I don't give money like this without testing first, so if I understand you're charging me for questions and if I don't pay you don't answer?
    You have just posted eight additional items which require an expert analysis of some care by our other stalwarts in their various areas and you attached a price tag to your post as concerns a direct question as to the price and authenticity, etc.
    In normal circumstances, you would have to pay for this expertise. Our expertise equals or exceeds that of other sites, and the solid citizens here, of whom Adrian Stevenson is our leader, give without stint. They receive scarcely any thanks at all.
    Several of my colleagues have multi million dollar collections of fabulous and otherwise unseen treasures, which many here would never have even the hint of access to, to say nothing of the expertise that built such collections and forms the foundation of this site.
    For these reasons, if you make demands, you should also be prepared to shoulder a small part of the burden of the operation of this site or you can stumble off into the deep, black hole that operates elsewhere and endure being preyed upon by the digital hyenas and blowhards. Such will end up costing you far more than USD 25.

Calm down, no need to be angry or hostile at all. I told you I just joined two days ago and I was going consider if I wanted to do donations or not.
    I asked some questions because I just started to collect german's militaria and didn't differ fake between real. It wasn't my goal to exploit you and your expertise for free or anything.

I was not expecting you to stress me about 25$ and make a scene for it. I'm a very generous and honest person, I just don't like to be push around for money. That all

Cool

All services here are free, and nobody here expects anything other than manners to be given. I saw your thank you, so thank you for that.
    In due time, you will come to the realization that this site is the best in the cyber world, and for a small 25 dollar fee, you can contribute to the cause of maintaining it, which will be quite beneficial to you in the future. However, their is no rush and nobody here will force money from you, hints the word, donation.
    Welcome, and please do stick around for awhile so you can see if this community is one in which you'd be interested in joining, and if you feel so, when your ready, then become a member.
    I apologize if you felt attacked in anyway, as I too, somewhat felt that way when I first came here. Hopefully, nobody is or will attack you, and remember, things aren't always what they seem nor always directed just at you.
    It is sometimes important, as well, to introduce yourself. Especially prior to asking for free advice. Just a friendly suggestion.

?

Nobody is attacking anyone here, nor are you being "shaken down" for money. This not just you this suggested donation or membership fee is aimed at. That response was the culmination of years of people coming here to get free expert analysis with not so much as a simple 'thank you' or 'please'.That's all some here want. A big pet peeve of some here is when the title of the thread reads," real or fake?" Or they ask the value of an item so they can profit from selling it, and not even making a contribution for that said profit.

Update: YouthCollector is right. A simple thank you is all that is expected sometimes. As you said thank you, That is appreciated. Being a member here has a lot of perks and sticking around here will teach you a lot so you will never need to ask advice on items like the ones in the OP. That being said, welcome to the forum, if you haven't been formally welcomed already. Friendliness is a big part of this forum and not like other forums with vultures.

As I'm sure you don't know the german terminology of the items you posted being your new to this collecting field, I won't use them. It looks to me in the first picture, the badge with the crossed bayonets, which is the general assault badge in sliver, and the one with the lightning bolt, which is the Luftwaffe ground assault badge, are authentic. I have both examples by your maker in my collection( Many different companies made the same badge). The last item, which is a mothers cross in bronze, and was awarded for having three to five children, also, looks to be real. However, to get an accurate authentication, please post each item in its correct sub-forum with clear, close pictures; front and reverse.
    I will not comment on the others as their isn't enough shown here for me to comment correctly, but good luck in your search.

Additional information,
    General Assault Badge- Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge-Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    Mothers Cross/Cross of Honour of the German Mother-Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter

So that you know the terminology in german, too. I hope this is of help to you. You can also us the search engine which is located in the top, right-hand corner if you have any other question or want to compare your examples to prior posted examples.

carnalgeneral-
    Too many people come to this site and only take without any personal contribution be it sharing of knowledge or other forms of support. When someone joins and immediately wants opinions on a multitude of items, we, who have been here since the inception of the site, have our defenses go up. We are here to help the collector. At times, it is nice to see the collector voice their opinion on items so the merits of it can be discussed. After collecting for nearly 60 years, I too, like FB, at times get tired of the feeling of being used. Neither of us had the usage of the Internet when we began collecting. Much of what we learned was at the college of hard knocks.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast