Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cavalry Uniform 1927 ? - please help

Article about: Hi there, I was reading through the posts here while searching for a cap to match this uniform. I was pleased to see so many people obviously well versed in this subject willing to share the

Default Cavalry Uniform 1927 ? - please help

Hi there, I was reading through the posts here while searching for a cap to match this uniform. I was pleased to see so many people obviously well versed in this subject willing to share their knowledge so openly.

Having said that I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on the origins of this old Cavalry uniform.

From the shoulderboards we have an Oberst of the 9th Reg ?? And thats where my deductive skills end.

I've been chatting to Spandau about his Cap but i couldnt attach pics with the PM ? So i thought i'd try my luck here, I'm new to forums and new to collecting so any pointers or information will be gladly accepted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cavalry Uniform 1927 ? - please help   Cavalry Uniform 1927 ? - please help  

Cavalry Uniform 1927 ? - please help   Cavalry Uniform 1927 ? - please help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cavalry Uniform 1927 ? - please help
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum and thanks for showing this beautiful uniform. Although the condition is not perfect its got character and I really like it.

MAP
    ?

Welcome and nice piece of salt. I love the transitional tunics. While probably a bit of licence in my thinking, I always thought of these guys as the original backbone of the army
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Eclipse6225 View Post
    Having said that I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on the origins of this old Cavalry uniform.
    From the shoulderboards we have an Oberst of the 9th Reg ?? And thats where my deductive skills end.
    The shoulder board cypher is actually a "6" (not a "9"), identifying the 6th Cavalry Regiment. Rank is Oberstleutnant [Lieutenant Colonel].

The jacket is a Reichswehr-model officers' Dienstrock [service tunic] that was updated with a breast eagle. The branch color-piped long trousers with the bottom straps were worn for "walking out".

Hello,
    For the tunic, see the link below.....for the trousers, the'yre privately purchased...

Help with info on this Cavalry Tunic

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Nice tunic and trousers.

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Here's a thread with a few other examples of these 27 transitional tunics.

Transitional Tunic?

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Brad,

Looking good.........nice uniform set for the cavalry as you stated.

1920's pattern tunic as used by the reichswehr and then converted into Wehrmacht use by the addition of the breast eagle to conform with the "new management"..............

welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

cheers

Tony

Thanks for the kind words Douglas, I hope to add a cap soon. Can the various holes and tears be mended for display, or more importantly should i have them mended or should it be left as is.

Thanks Map, Yes it would be great to try and track it down to a period group photo, similar to what Tony did with his cap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast