Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collar Tab ID and authenticity?

Article about: Hey guys, I recently bought a modest-sized group of purportedly German WWII items at auction. I deal in antiques as a profession but I have never delved into German WWII items. On occasion I

Default Collar Tab ID and authenticity?

Hey guys, I recently bought a modest-sized group of purportedly German WWII items at auction. I deal in antiques as a profession but I have never delved into German WWII items. On occasion I will buy a group of items with the hope that they are authentic but also with an expectation that they may be fake, and that I may make a study of the pieces to learn from them. I am utterly amazed at the level of faking and reproduction of this German WWII stuff. It exceeds any other category I have dealt with in terms of sheer prevalence. But of course, like most things, experience and looking at the real thing over and over seems to keep most advanced collectors out of hot water. Anyway, I love this forum and have been reading for a few hours. I have several pieces to post in a few different sub forums.t'll be a long time before i'm a pro at this but for the smallish sum I spent on this little collection I'd like to come away with some experience and knowledge! What do you guys think, and can you explain what you're seeing? I have looked around the Web but wasn't immediately able to find another example of this one, real or fake. The Swastika and some of the yellow stitching over the bullion on the front glow orange under my blacklight. Thanks!

Collar Tab ID and authenticity?Collar Tab ID and authenticity?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar Tab ID and authenticity?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Collar Tab ID and authenticity?

I believe that what this collar tab is trying to be, is a Luftwaffe Generaloberst collar tab. If genuine, it would have been extremely rare and worth, literally, thousands, but,unfortunately, this one is not genuine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I was thinking its an Indian made fake

Yep-Indian. The plasticky bouillon is a give away.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

What have been a great find but a fake

Thank you all for your replies, I see what you mean about "plasticy" bullion. I take it nothing in that bullion area should glow under the blacklight...