Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collar Tab Opinion

Article about: I was hoping to hear from the experts with some opinions on this collar tab. I just bought this along with other insignia but I really have no knowledge on tabs at all. It has wire weave con

?

Default Collar Tab Opinion

I was hoping to hear from the experts with some opinions on this collar tab. I just bought this along with other insignia but I really have no knowledge on tabs at all. It has wire weave construction on a dark green backing and bordered with what i believe was at one time white piping which now appears to have yellowed with age. I'm guessing it's a heer officer's tab but have never seen the piping on a heer tab before.

your opinions very much appreciated. cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar Tab Opinion   Collar Tab Opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar Tab Opinion
    P
    Many

Default Re: Collar Tab Opinion

An original Heer Officers tab as you suspected.

Read up on Wehrmachtbeamte.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As mentioned by Ade it's for the Heersverwaltungs. Depending on the size it could be for the mittlerer Dienst - Medium career level - or it could be for the gehöbener Dienst - Elevated career level. The white piping or nebenfarbe, indicates that it is for the Standard branch, or as most people call it the "Paymaster branch", however there were alot of different trades in this color than just Paymasters. Judging from the picture I would be inclined to say gehöbener Dienst

The scan attached shows both sizes, small tab for the mittlerer Dienst, and the large for the gehöbener Dienst .

Hope it helps

Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar Tab Opinion  

?

great information Larry, I would agree it, gehöbener Dienst most likely. this tab came as a set with an identical second tab, a pair of hauptmann admin shoulder boards and a bullion officers breast eagle.
    very helpful, thank you.