Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Collar Tabs Real or not

Article about: I was told that these were real, does anyone have a opinion? If they are real what branch do they belong to. Thank You in advance for your help. Jim

Default Collar Tabs Real or not

I was told that these were real, does anyone have a opinion? If they are real what branch do they belong to. Thank You in advance for your help. Jim

Collar Tabs Real or notCollar Tabs Real or notCollar Tabs Real or notCollar Tabs Real or not

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar Tabs Real or not
    P
    Many

Default Re: Collar Tabs Real or not

The yellow tab is not Luftwaffe. What is is I am not sure? I have never seen a rank Litze (stripe) like that before? I am tempted to say Political.

But the red tab is Luftwaffe Flak troops.

Cheers, Ade.

My first gut feeling about the yellow tab was SA, but the Litze's manufacturing style doesn't match known (at least to me) SA patterns and its color combination doesn't make sense with those yellow patches either.

Just a thought: Could it be that this collar patch is for the Unteroffiziervorschulen/Unteroffizierschulen [NCO prepratory schools] of the Luftwaffe?

Students wore yellow collar patches with one to three Litzen identifying their year at the school (1st through 3rd year).

For a little info and a rare photograph, see: German Militaria Blog: Luftwaffe NCO Preparatory School

(Students of the Luftwaffe's music school at Sondershausen also wore such collar patch Litzen identifying their year at the school, but apparently their collar patches were of a darker color. See: Lufwaffe Musikschule / Unteroffiziervorschule Insignia - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums )
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-20-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Ade and HLP2008....Thank you! Jim