Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

color consistency between original german/east german uniform

Article about: hello, my name is josh. i have a question that I figured would best be answered here. i would like to know how similar in color, and color alone, east german uniforms are to original WWII er

wherewolfe
    ?

Default color consistency between original german/east german uniform

hello, my name is josh.

i have a question that I figured would best be answered here. i would like to know how similar in color, and color alone, east german uniforms are to original WWII era german uniforms. i noticed that there seems to be different colors adopted through out the war, and im sure that could factor in. but it looks like field grey was the most common color. so are field green tunics off WWII era very similar in color to east german uniforms

for example, would an original german heer visor cap match (in color) an east german tunic? advice from anyone, especially those who have personaly dealt with the uniforms is appreciated.

and on another note, did wermacht officers wear grey breeches instead of a matching greyish green like their tunics? if so, was it only seen on certain ranks or on every man?

thanks for the time, and i look foward to your insight.

2. # ADS