Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Combat Officer Display

Article about: For a combat officers display whtt type of trousers would go with this tunic? Furthermore would these boots fit a combat uniform. They does not look to be parade boots with the loose fit. Th

?

Default Re: Combat Officer Display

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday Lars,
    Maybe swap the gold wound badge for a silver or black as your officer would have to have been wounded in combat 5 or more times or severely disabled to recieve the higher award.Just a thought.
    Nice set up mate,looks good.
    Cheers
    Dave
    The medals should be original to the uniform But who knows what happened post war. Maybe a silver abzeichen was changed to gold?

Regards, Lars

- - Updated - -

Thank you for all the input guys It's much appreciated. There will be more questions to come, so i hope you will assist me in this creation

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Officer Display
    P
    Many

Sorry Lars I didn't realise the tunic came with the it's original awards.Your Oberleutnant was knocked around a bit hey.
    I was only thinking "display" with regards the wound badge not taking into account they were a complete tunic with original awards.
    Cool Banana's mate
    Dave

Looking good Lars, are you buying a mannequin as well
    Thanks, Glen.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday Lars,
    Maybe swap the gold wound badge for a silver or black as your officer would have to have been wounded in combat 5 or more times or severely disabled to recieve the higher award.Just a thought.
    Nice set up mate,looks good.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Certainly possible, he has an EK1 , Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and a Close Combat clasp !

Great stuff Lars

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thank you guys. Yes there will be made a Combat/Field Officers display out of it. I have been looking at at least 100 Tunics to start the project. Thought it would be best to start with the tunic as it pretty much "dictates" the rest of the items needed. It should be from a Austrian Vet's family. Trousers and visor have been sold separately Not that i blame the seller. It's of course understandable.

Regards, Lars

Hello,
    Nice item...congrats...IMO boots are a bit too shiny...
    As previously mentioned by Ade, Feldgrau breeches is the right answer here, especially with this type of boots.
    A Heer Officer 45 mm leather belt (even 50 mm), a pistol holster, a mapcase and a pair of 6x30 binos should do the trick for the rest of the mannequin...Do you plan to use a steel helmet or some soft headgear ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you for the info JP

I actually plan to use both types of head gear I know "he" can't wear both but it should be possible to find a way to display both side by side. I have read that many Officers was wearing the EM/NCO belt and buckle not to stand out too much. This was also why i was thinking about using straight leg trousers. Maybe put on some field gear too? If this is incorrect i will of course not do so.

Would some 10x50 Dienstglas be OK?

I am trying to put together a list of purchases. These items not being cheap, i would prefer not to buy the wrong items. I need help!!

Regards, Lars

Lars,
    You can add what you want it's you tunic but most officers' would have worn what Ade and JPhilip have stated.
    As your officer is infantrie 6x30 binos are fine but if you do not want to add breeches, you could could always go for stiefelhose, these are like breeches but are not as "flared" at the sides and if you wanted, you could always go with the parade style Y straps as these were often used so that the officer would blend in with the other ranks from a distance,especially if you added an MP40 pouch too.
    Hope to see some photos once you have put this together.

?

Thanks a lot for the help So i guess straight leg trousers are pretty much out of the question? I have a hard time finding Officers field boots. Hob nailed ones. Would it be out of the question for Officers to wear boots with a more loose fit like regular boots? He will have MP40 pouches and a P35 holster.
    What is the difference between parade Y straps and "normal" ones?

I don't want to do things wrong, but if i was an Officer on the Eastern front i would try to blend in as much as possible.

There will be pics of course

Regards, Lars

Lars,
    Parade straps do not have the extra straps to attach to the pack (tonister), I have attached a link for you which I hope works.
    MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Y Belt

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast