Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Couple More Relic Items

Article about: by ez1969 It is gold couldn't do any better than that. I could get a mint gold one for \\$80, but I'd rather have this one for \\$15.

Default A Couple More Relic Items

Just got this eagle and mother's cross. Pretty cheap, so I like. I take it the eagle is from a cap?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Couple More Relic Items   A Couple More Relic Items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Couple More Relic Items
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Couple More Relic Items

Yep

You have a good relic collection growing GP I like them.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks guys. I do love me some relics! They have that been there, done that aura about them. I also never wanted to pay 70-100 bucks for a mother's cross.

Does the 16 on the cross mean it was issued on the 16th of December?

Yes it does GP.

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Yes it does GP.
    I can always rely on you! That woman must have had a bunch of kids! I believe that it has AH's A H O L E sig engraved too. Standard practice I take it.

Hope this helps. In recognition of the substantial importance a woman’s role and motherhood was in support of a strong Deutsches Reich nation,the ‘Cross of Honour of the German Mother’ was introduced by decree in Berlin on 16 December 1938 by Chancellor of Germany (Reichskanzler) Adolf Hitler.The preamble of the statutory decree declared: ”As a visible sign of gratitude of the German nation to children-rich mothers I establish this Cross of Honour of the German Mother” (Original text in German: ”Als sichtbares Zeichen des Dankes des Deutschen Volkes an kinderreiche Mütter stifte ich das Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter”).The Mother’s Cross was conferred annually thereafter principally on ‘Mother’s Day’,but also extended to include other national annual occasions of celebration.

1st Class Order, Gold Cross. – eligible mothers with eight or more children
    2nd Class Order, Silver Cross. – eligible mothers with six to seven children
    3rd Class Order, Bronze Cross. – eligible mothers with four to five children

Eric

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Hope this helps. In recognition of the substantial importance a woman’s role and motherhood was in support of a strong Deutsches Reich nation,the ‘Cross of Honour of the German Mother’ was introduced by decree in Berlin on 16 December 1938 by Chancellor of Germany (Reichskanzler) Adolf Hitler.The preamble of the statutory decree declared: ”As a visible sign of gratitude of the German nation to children-rich mothers I establish this Cross of Honour of the German Mother” (Original text in German: ”Als sichtbares Zeichen des Dankes des Deutschen Volkes an kinderreiche Mütter stifte ich das Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter”).The Mother’s Cross was conferred annually thereafter principally on ‘Mother’s Day’,but also extended to include other national annual occasions of celebration.

1st Class Order, Gold Cross. – eligible mothers with eight or more children
    2nd Class Order, Silver Cross. – eligible mothers with six to seven children
    3rd Class Order, Bronze Cross. – eligible mothers with four to five children

Eric
    WOW!. My cross looks gold to me. That was one busy couple! PS-Was told the relics were from Berlin, and I trust the seller.

It is gold couldn't do any better than that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast