MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Cuff Title "L" meaning ?

Article about: Hello Everybody, In members stonemint OT(Org. Todt)Headgear thread he posted this photo with Albert Speer talking with Adolf Galland. There are several Gents in this photo sporting a Cuff Ti

?

Default Cuff Title "L" meaning ?

Hello Everybody,
    In members stonemint OT(Org. Todt)Headgear thread he posted this photo with Albert Speer talking with Adolf Galland. There are several Gents in this photo sporting a Cuff Title/Cuff band with a Capitol "L" on their jackets/Overcoats. Is there anybody here that can give a little info about what that Cuff title is?
    Cuff Title "L" meaning ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cuff Title "L" meaning ?
    P
    Many

I believe it is a indentification Luftshutz Armband.

?

Thanks, It also looks like Galland and whoever is standing to his left is also sporting one of these cuff bands.

Thanks again
    Semper Fi
    Phil

In "Defending the Reich" from David Littlejohn he claims it to be a factory Luftschutz related brassard.
    The letter "L" looks the same as worn by Speer. Further Littlejohn shows a photograph where such armband
    is worn by a group of persons (not uniformed, but a working dress). This is all on page 653.

I have no idea if Littlejohn is correct. Why would Galland and Speer wear such an armband. If it is related to
    the Organisation Todt there is not mentioned such armband in regulations, but there were many functions
    that may give reason to think for such function-armband. I can understand such armband was only worn during a
    special service or visit. Such functions were:
    Leiter einer Einsatzgruppe,
    Leiter einer Hauptabteilung in der OT-Zentrale,
    Leiter eines Einsatzes,
    Leiter einer Oberbauleitung,
    Leiter einer Bauleitung,
    Leiter einer Baustelle (Abschnittbauleitung).
    Speer could pick his choice from any of these. Galland could have been assigned to any of these leaders.

A 100% solution, I don't have. But the man who wears the armband with the Littlejohn-photo could be
    a leader for a construction site. And so Speer and Galland may have visited a construction-site for the
    German airforce.

Cuff Title "L" meaning ?

?

Thank You Gentlemen!!

Semper Fi
    Phil