Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Curious Luftwaffe Cockade.

Article about: Evening folks, Recently picked up this Luftwaffe cap badge. It seems to be real, (at least as far as I can tell,) but there's one thing that strikes me about it. There appears to be some kin

Default Curious Luftwaffe Cockade.

Evening folks,

Recently picked up this Luftwaffe cap badge. It seems to be real, (at least as far as I can tell,) but there's one thing that strikes me about it. There appears to be some kind of indents where the pins are usually situated; I've only ever seen these points covered in solder, pins or no pins, so really have no idea what they should look like underneath. Could someone tell me if these indents are supposed to be here, or whether they're some form of modification? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Curious Luftwaffe Cockade.
    P
    Many

Any ideas guys?

MAP
    ?

Maybe unfinished?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello
    You can see the remains of the pins under the old crimping points

All the best
    Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello
    You can see the remains of the pins under the old crimping points

All the best
    Doug
    I agree.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cheers guys. I'd just never seen any of these without solder before, so didn't really have a clue what these were meant to look like underneath. Thanks for your sharing your knowledge.

Ta,
    Dan.

Some pins were round and crimped in, some were flat and crimped in, most types were also soldered.
    Some late war pins were actually tabs that were stamped out as part of the emblem to bent over.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)