Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock

Article about: Hello guys, One month ago I came across a cut out piece of a Luftwaffe splinter camo smock with eagle insignia. I passed it up because I thought it was overpriced at \\$250. Last week I found

Default Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock

Hello guys,

One month ago I came across a cut out piece of a Luftwaffe splinter camo smock with eagle insignia. I passed it up because I thought it was overpriced at $250. Last week I found a second one, online at Virtual Grenadier, but this one was valued at $1000. I am wondering three things: 1) Why are these cut off patches so expensive, 2) Is the first one at $250 such a great deal that I should try to get back into contact with the seller? and 3) Are these too heavily faked that I shouldn't even bother? It seems to me that $1000 is a bit pricey for such a piece. I thought value would be more like 150 range. But I have to admit I don't know much about uniform pieces.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the first piece I saw was roughly the same size as the online piece.

Here is a link: Virtual Grenadier

Here is a photo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smocky.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	371510

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock

$250 is cheap for one of these, if it is an original and there is one on the Ruptured duck on a smaller piece of smock priced at $1270, though it has been there a while. Cut offs are always worth more than un-issued or removed examples and FJ smock eagles are very expensive on the market.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks, I haven't seen that one yet. Wow, that is pricey, something I wouldn't have expected. I guess its being related to the fallschirmjägers is a good explanation.

Corey

Hi all,
    where it's written that it comes from a FJ knochensack and not from a LW splinter pattern smock that was made of the same fabric and used by a soldier of one of the many Feld Divisionen,a WH soldier (yes...they wore them with LW eagles) or a paratrooper?
    US$ 1000/1250 are a lot of money for such an item....how much should I sell my LW smocks for?They're nicely worn but almost mint!!!
    These cut outs make for great vet trophies but they're way overpriced sometimes!
    Cheers
    Horrido

?

Well, I was looking to Virtual Grenadier site and I think he has a lot of very nice items. But..., extremely expensive!!! WOW!!!

Hello there,

Here's a pair I had. These came from a British surgeon that would remove bits of insignias prior to operating on an enemy soldier. The splinter could be from either a field division tunic or a smock.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luftwaffe eagle.JPG 
Views:	370 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	380575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smock eagle.jpg 
Views:	861 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	380576  

Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

?

Cut offs are nice to own, but as mentioned, overpriced/overvalued.
    Pete

I think theres better things to spend $1000 on.