Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock

Article about: Hello guys, One month ago I came across a cut out piece of a Luftwaffe splinter camo smock with eagle insignia. I passed it up because I thought it was overpriced at \\$250. Last week I found

Default Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock

Hello guys,

One month ago I came across a cut out piece of a Luftwaffe splinter camo smock with eagle insignia. I passed it up because I thought it was overpriced at $250. Last week I found a second one, online at Virtual Grenadier, but this one was valued at $1000. I am wondering three things: 1) Why are these cut off patches so expensive, 2) Is the first one at $250 such a great deal that I should try to get back into contact with the seller? and 3) Are these too heavily faked that I shouldn't even bother? It seems to me that $1000 is a bit pricey for such a piece. I thought value would be more like 150 range. But I have to admit I don't know much about uniform pieces.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the first piece I saw was roughly the same size as the online piece.

Here is a link: Virtual Grenadier

Here is a photo:

Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock

$250 is cheap for one of these, if it is an original and there is one on the Ruptured duck on a smaller piece of smock priced at $1270, though it has been there a while. Cut offs are always worth more than un-issued or removed examples and FJ smock eagles are very expensive on the market.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks, I haven't seen that one yet. Wow, that is pricey, something I wouldn't have expected. I guess its being related to the fallschirmjägers is a good explanation.

Corey

Hi all,
    where it's written that it comes from a FJ knochensack and not from a LW splinter pattern smock that was made of the same fabric and used by a soldier of one of the many Feld Divisionen,a WH soldier (yes...they wore them with LW eagles) or a paratrooper?
    US$ 1000/1250 are a lot of money for such an item....how much should I sell my LW smocks for?They're nicely worn but almost mint!!!
    These cut outs make for great vet trophies but they're way overpriced sometimes!
    Cheers
    Horrido

?

Well, I was looking to Virtual Grenadier site and I think he has a lot of very nice items. But..., extremely expensive!!! WOW!!!

Hello there,

Here's a pair I had. These came from a British surgeon that would remove bits of insignias prior to operating on an enemy soldier. The splinter could be from either a field division tunic or a smock.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock   Cut piece from Luftwaffe splinter camo Smock  

?

Cut offs are nice to own, but as mentioned, overpriced/overvalued.
    Pete

I think theres better things to spend $1000 on.