Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab

Article about: Hi Forum I have recently bought some different Shoulder insignia and collar tab, I think my id is correct, but any additional comments are welcome Flak Collar Tab Leutnant Flak shoulder boar

Default Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab

Hi Forum
    I have recently bought some different Shoulder insignia and collar tab, I think my id is correct, but any additional comments are welcome

Flak Collar Tab Leutnant
    Flak shoulder boards
    Heerverwaltung
    Infantry Feldwebel (or is it Artillery)
    Infantry Shoulder Boards with nr 69 (or is it Artillery)
    Medical Officer (could it be Leutenant)
    Truppen Sonder Dienst

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab   Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab  

Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab   Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab  

Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab   Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab  

Attached Images Attached Images Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab  Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab
    P
    Many

Ok...Here we go
    I don't think that your Heerverwaltung tab is actually a Heerverwaltung tab. I think someone has added it because the silver russian braid should have a coloured strand - usually green - roughly in the middle running up around the top and down again, and it would be most unusual - not impossible to NOT have a secondary colour of Waffenfarbe. i.e Green with a secondary colour of red would make this Artiller Admin, after all these Heerverwaltung cyphers were to indicate a military career.

the slip on 69's are artillery and were used as an ecomomy measure but still worn with a red piped strap, This just designated 69th Artillery company ect:

you are correct on the others, the NCO is Infantry

like these.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab   Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab  

Different Shoulder insignia and collar tab  

Thanks a lot, so if it is not a Heerverwaltung tab what is it then, is it a russian shoulder tab
    We agree that the Infantry shoulder tab is an Infantry or do you mean Artilleri ?

Russian Braid is the name given to the silver bit on the top its a german tab ..... the NCO tab is infantry the slip over artillery

Thanks a lot, I just didnt know the expression Russian Braid in connexcion with this shoulder tab, I have used google to see more about the Heerverwaltung, and mine is missing the green line, so it is not a "real" one

heeresverwaltung wehrmacht - Google Search

I'd say that none of the shoulder board cyphers actually belong there, as all three are on shoulder boards with a dark blue underlay incorrect for those who wore these devices:

The caduceus (= winged serpent staff) is for Truppensonderdienst officers of the administrative career, whose branch color was light blue. Maybe the photos are deceiving and the blue is actually of a lighter shade than it appears here, but there is no doubt about the other two:

The serpent is the cypher for veterinary (not medical) officers, whose branch color was carmine.

As said above, the HV cypher was for army officials, whose branch color (displayed as a shoulder board underlay and an additional center cord to the shoulder board cords) was dark green plus a secondary branch color (displayed as a secondary shoulder board underlay).
    (Although, for the sake of accuracy, it should be noted that this secondary color did not correspond to the branch colors worn by soldiers, so bright red, for example, had no artillery connection as such.)

Nice explanation and very elaborate, I will update my own information for each of them. Cocerning the blue color, it is not a dark blue underlay but in between.

Regards
    John