MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

dodgy Afrika cuff title on e-bay

Article about: Hey guys can you believe this cufftitle is being sold on e-bay as original! German Army WW2 Original Afrika Cuff Title on eBay (end time 02-Jul-10 09:56:07 BST) Look at the stitching across

Default dodgy Afrika cuff title on e-bay

Hey guys can you believe this cufftitle is being sold on e-bay as original! German Army WW2 Original Afrika Cuff Title on eBay (end time 02-Jul-10 09:56:07 BST) Look at the stitching across the top and shrubs that are supposed to be trees, even I can tell it's a fake! I e-mailed the bloke telling him that it's not original as he has stated but no reply yet!!! Hope no-one buys it!!! Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dodgy Afrika cuff title on e-bay
    P
    Many

Default re: dodgy Afrika cuff title on e-bay

For the occasional bargain found on ebay, it seems to be otherwise the refuge of crooks and scoundrels passing their fakes.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    For the occasional bargain found on ebay, it seems to be otherwise the refuge of crooks and scoundrels passing their fakes.

Bob Hritz
    There is indeed a lot of dodgy stuff, but occaissional gems can still be found, but bidding fever can also be a problem, pushing prices to the ridiculous. I still check it every few days, on the off chance.

The worst fake I have seen in a while, looks like it should be on a christmas tree

Jerry

E-mailing those a$$holes has become a regular pastime for me lately...
    I would not want to be a new collector nowadays, and certainly not one
    without access to this forum!

Well said everyone. But without this forum teaching me new things, as I'm new to collecting, a few months back I would've prob thought it was a bargain!!! Jay

?

i saw that one on ebay too! lol your right Ebay is a sketchy place to buy original items, but it is sometimes great if u know what to look out for! ive seen alot of cuff titles and edelwieiss badges on there claimed to be authentic and have been total JUNK i collect ww2 photos, and i try to stick with the same sellers that i know have good stuff. there have been sellers from Poland who have been selling fake "copy" photos and calling them originals, so its still sketchy either way! totenkopf itmes are the worst! buy nothing from poland off ebay. lol its funny to read some of the fakers feedback scores too after the buyers have recieved there fake items

I actually did buy an AFRIKAKORPS cufftitle off of e-bay, it was cut down but I thought it looked ok so went for it then posted it on here and it got the thumbs up straight away It was a bargain too, so you can sometimes get a result.
    I also get photo's off of the same few guys on there and never from poland Jay

cuff title is pure rubbish,,,wouldnt foo a blind man,,,,,,no disrespect intended for those that are visually challenged,,,