Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

the eagle of the Luftwaffe

Article about: hello, help determine originality. Thank you!!!

?

Default the eagle of the Luftwaffe

hello, help determine originality.
    Thank you!!!the eagle of the Luftwaffethe eagle of the Luftwaffe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement the eagle of the Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

I believe this is a Luftwaffe General's summer breast eagle. I cannot comment on originality. I think it has a chance but I do not have enough experience. Others will be along much smarter than I.
    John

While highly detailed I believe this to be a fake. Compare to the ones discussed in these threads. Primarily because of the thin attachment of the swastika to to the eagles body via the single leg. Best regards.

Brian

Luft breast eagle for summer tunic - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Gold eagle with Assmann marking on the back. Luftwaffe General Insignia? Fake or real?

Silver example from WAF thread deemed fake.

Nice work Brian! I did not have a lot of luck finding comparable gold ones. After looking at the comparable items I agree with you. I search the internet and found a few for sale but not very good photos of the back side. Kind of scary the quality at the attempt.
    John

Yes it certainly is John. I initially thought it to be good. After a little searching I came across these reference threads, good thing to have had the dedicated minds here over the years. When time permits I may try to find an original period clasp breast eagle for reference. Best regards.

Brian

I believe this one to be an original period assman eagle clasp for reference.

the eagle of the Luftwaffethe eagle of the Luftwaffethe eagle of the Luftwaffe

CBH
    ?

Great job as usual Brian, it looked pretty good but the sloppy uneven Assman logo had me wondering.

Thanks Chris. It s quite a deceiving little piece when you focus only on the detail in it, fletching in the feathers, scaling of the legs etc. At a quick glance I thought nothing of the assman logo, and I think I read in one of the threads assman did also produce these wartime with the single A minus the D.R.G.M? But I hadn't come across one when I was searching, that I thought was good. I do however remember that tagged in thread where Ned mentioned that single thin leg portion being a tell of a fake, but as time passes you tend to forget these minor details until you half to search again. I will probably forget about it again by next week. There is however quite a noticeable difference in overall design and head shape compared to the DRGM version which looks alot like an assman made luft cap badge IMO just on a larger scale in this case. Kindest regards.

Brian

Here's a "big A" example for comparison

The big A metal luft breast eagle question

A good original.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph a real cracker of an example. Thanks for posting it. Highlights well the similarities to a assman cap badge.

Best regards

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Thanks Ralph a real cracker of an example. Thanks for posting it. Highlights well the similarities to a assman cap badge.

Best regards

Brian
    Actually, I see a number of differences.
    The head, beak, shoulders, feathers at the top of the front leg.
    Here is a thread on WAF for a bad one.
    Luft breast eagle for summer tunic - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Here is a thread on WAF about a good one.
    luftwaffe metal breast eagle - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast