MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eagle pin real or fake?

Article about: hi all, I’m new to the forum so please go easy on me Lol. I have recently fallen into some ww2 memorabilia of all sorts that I will be slowly trying to authenticate. I have owned some ww2 er

Default Eagle pin real or fake?

hi all,
    I’m new to the forum so please go easy on me Lol. I have recently fallen into some ww2 memorabilia of all sorts that I will be slowly trying to authenticate. I have owned some ww2 era firearms but my knowledge does not spand to any other types of memorabilia. So anyways Below I’m posting what I beleive is a cap/visor pin.
    After going through the forums here on these pins I don’t beleive this item to be authentic.

The eagles beak doesn’t seem to match up with the shoulder (based on most the pins in the pin large pin thread)and I don’t see any mArkigs on the rear of the pin. But before I disregard this I wanted to double check with the more knowlegble on here. I was wondering if mabye it wasn’t a visor pin at all, but then again no markings just didn’t seem right to me.

Thanks in advance all
    John

Eagle pin real or fake?Eagle pin real or fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagle pin real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagle pin real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hello I believe you are correct John. The color of the metal looks way off. As you said the eagles head is rather odd, and the other details are soft (feathers feet etc)..but the swas is super crisp? IMO it's a cast repro. Best regards.

Brian

BTW. Welcome to the forum!!

Brian,
    That was a quick response!!! Thanks so much. Glad to hear what I was seeing/research was accurate. My main concern was that It wasn’t a visor pin and what I was comparing it to was off. Lol but seems we are in the same page here. Thanks again more posts coming soon!

MAP
    ?

Maybe my eyes (or lack of experience) but it seems quite wide. Similar to a summer tunic breast eagle. Of course it would then have a pin set up in the rear.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map,
    That I guess was my main concern that I had it miss identified. The pin measures about 2 inches. But wouldn’t it still have marking on the back?

Thanks John

Quote by Johnny112 View Post
    But wouldn’t it still have marking on the back? Thanks John
    Not all items were marked with MM's etc.....

Cheers
    Larry

Hello,

A nice original cap eagle to me. These came in various metals and pin configurations.

Fred

Fred your the man! But looks very similar to modern reproduction pieces currently being sold on eBay. Glad to stand corrected but it's still a dud imo. Kindest regards.

Hello,

These cap eagles came in a multiple different metals and multiple pin arrangements. It needs to be compared to another original not a reproduction.I picked these up this week.

Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagle pin real or fake?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Eagle pin real or fake?  Eagle pin real or fake? 

Now that's a good weeks haul! I'm not disputing the fact of variations I guess it's just the overall quality that gives me pause. It looks flat and the reverse just lacks crispness. I guess I d expect it to look more like this? But if you and the owner are happy with it, I'm not arguing; just thinking aloud. Thanks for the discussion. Best regards.

Brian

Not my eagle a km example from a previous thread

Another good thread expanding on variations

Heer cap eagles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast