Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eagle for Review...

Article about: Any feedback is appreciated... getting some mixed opinions - thanks

Default Eagle for Review...

Any feedback is appreciated... getting some mixed opinions - thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagle for Review...   Eagle for Review...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagle for Review...
    P
    Many

Hello,

Some people like this eagle some do not. I do not care for it because of the wreath, Shape of the body and the backing paper.

Fred

11C
    ?

I've never seen that eagle on a uniform or in period photos.
    Is it original....? Depends on who you ask I guess. It's not for me.

Thanks - still looking for some info - it came with other items that were all original so there is hope :-)

So it appears it is a private purchase piece.

Hello,

If original , it would be a private purchase eagle. Issue eagles were BeVo weave for the Heer until late in the war when an embroidered version was issued.

Fred

I am 50/50 on it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I would agree with a lot of the opinions here. Like Adrian I would also be 50/50 on this eagle.
    I would also like to note that this eagle is of a good quality, if it were repro.

Regards,
    Bas
    Last edited by Gimmie; 06-25-2017 at 09:57 PM.

AIF
    ?

I used to own one of these when I collected TR cloth and I have also seen a couple more over the years as well but not as many as I would expect if it was a fake made in quantity. This is also the first time I have seen one with a backing on it which to me looks like it has been added at a later date. It is supposedly a pre war private purchase eagle and like Ade and Mr Green have already mentioned opinions are divided on it. I was always on the fence about it also as it just didn't feel right but who knows? There was as you know private purchase EM/NCO eagles around and there is a chance it is good but I always felt that it was more likely a well made old fake.

Cheers
    Luke.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagle for Review...  
    Last edited by AIF; 06-26-2017 at 07:10 AM.

I like it. The workmanship on the wings is quite above your average mass produced piece. Not what you would expect to see on a repro from Pakistan or China. As said above, it is almost certainly a private purchase eagle.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast