Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet

Article about: by LondonJay Lovely grouping Tim. Did you get it from the gentleman's family? Jay Hi Jay Thanks, but the widow still has them and they have been underglass for the last 65+ years....hence no

Default Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet

Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK VetHello

Here is an early black DAK cufftitle (not to be confused with the early black AKCT) that was issued to members of the 33rd Art Regt DAK in early '41 before the standard AKCT was authorized. He mentioned everyone in his unit received one and did not think it was special at the time. I am sure everyone here would disagree with him on that...

Have also posted a photo of him at home on leave while recuperating from a wound received in Afrika, and some of his insignia and awards. There are a few pics of these black DAK Ct's in use on Continental tunics but none so far have been found of these being worn on tropical tunics. Which implies they were aquired in Germany not Afrika. Note they are similar to some GD or ss Ct's which also implies they were made by the same factory that produced the black GD CT.

Hope You enjoy this extremely rare version of the DAK CT.

Heia Safari !
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet   Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet

He served in Russia after Afrika. Pics are of him in his Art wrap in '43 and as an Officer in '44, and last is a pic of his STG III named "Poldi", also from the Russian campaign. He served in Stug Abteilung 276 and Art Abteilung 860 in the East.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet   Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet  

Early Black DAK cufftitle from a DAK Vet  

Hi Tim, that is a superb item! I really like these.

I will post some pics of one I handled.

Cheers, Ade.

Great item Tim, with great history, wonderful to see.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Ade

Thanks for comment and please do post pics of the one you have handled. Really look forwards to seeing it... !

And Jerry

Agree these are one of the finest DAK items around, this one with real DAK providence too.

Hi Tim, I cannot find the pics....I have a horrible feeling they are lost....they were on the old PC....all I can find is the black Afrikakorps title pics which I am sure you have seen before.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade

Thats ok, will see if i can find a pic of one being worn on a tunic. But please do post a pic or two of the black AKCT here that would make a great comparison.

cheers
    Tim

Lovely grouping Tim.
    Did you get it from the gentleman's family?
    Jay

Hi Tim, here you go.

This title was brought back to the UK by a member of the Army Intel Corps. The "tresse" type edging is interesting. Now held in the Corps Museum archives, to which I had private access.

The title you show appears to be made on SS cuff title material. The one which I examined was the same.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

That is an unusual version, I have not seen one like it before. Good thats its got a solid provenance, as it would otherwise be considered fantasy. Great to see it.

Thanks,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast