Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Early Infantry combat tunic

Article about: Hello! What do you think about this tunic, mates? The price is \\$1750, it is a good price? Regards

Default Re: Early Infantry combat tunic

Hello,
    No it's not a M36 Feldbluse, it's a privately purchase Officer tunic that could be used as a Dienstbluse and as a Feldbluse also, with dark green collar. The M36 (a collector designation that was not used at the time) is a issue Feldbluse produced between 1936 and 1939/40, made of wool, with specific lining and features...

I perfectly understand your financial limitations as i meet the same kind of problem on a regular basis.

The point is that you can see and find many Feldblusen with added/replaced insignia on the market nowadays...and they sell for around 1000 euro....so paying around 1500 or 2000 euro for an untouched Feldbluse is rather a good buy IMO.

Five years ago i did complain to an american friend/Feldblusen collector about the price asked for a gorgious Pionier M36 Feldblusen with period applied insignia, that came with an history and blood stains in the interior....it was priced at 1600 euro.....he replied me to he "would be more than happy to spend so little for such a piece of uniform".....and i believe him....This tunic can be seen in the book written with my friend Laurent (R.I.P) : FELDBLUSE, The german soldier 's field tunic 1933-45, pages 113 & 114...a tremendous example of a Pionier M36 retailored Feldbluse.
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thanks for the info Philip. I looked the translation of Dienstbluse (= service blouse) and Feldbluse (= tunic). The difference is that dienstbluse is the tunic that was issued from the army to the soldiers and/or officers?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hello!
    frist of all: thanks for all the replies! Thanks for the huge information Philip, you know a lot about it! But, even this tunic is somewhat rare, I'm only 15 years old and my pocket money is $ 200 per month... It's too high for me, so I prefer the more common one. But, Philip, the tunic that you had talked about (with blood inside) I would save even one dolar of my school food to buy it!
    Thanks!

Hello Donkihontis7,
    The Dienstbluse was the tunic used by Officers when in service at barracks, for the everyday military life...the Dienstbluse was privately purchased and was made of fine wool, knitted wool or gabardine. In the german army at the time, Officers had to pay to get dressed.

The Feldbluse was the tunic made of wool that was issued to EM and NCO. It was worn at barracks and at the front, except for fatigue/drill/work where the Drillichrock was used.

Here's the Feldbluse complete nomenclature :

Feldbluse 1933
    Feldbluse 1933 modified 1934
    Feldbluse 1933 modified 1935
    Feldbluse 1933 modified 1936
    Feldbluse 1933 modified 1940
    Feldbluse 1933 modified 1941
    Feldbluse 1933 modified 1942
    Feldbluse 1933 modified 1943
    Feldbluse 1944

From 1939, german Officers on the frontline had to wear the same uniform than soldiers to avoid to be recognized as Officers by the enemy and the corps could lend them a normal woolen Feldbluse that was slightly modified to identify an Officer but not much in order to keep a low profile....some frontline Officers even carried a K98k to look like soldiers from a certain range.
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :

Good morning Philip, thanks for the info. I like learning.
    So the one i posted is a private purchase dienstbluse?
    The one used as a combat tunic during battles was the fieldbluse?

Hello Consonecollector,
    if you're only 15 yrs old it means that you've got all your collecting life to buy nice Feldblusen...i won't tell you to save as much pocket money as you can in order to buy german Feldblusen, live your youth, enjoy this wonderful time and study well to prepare your future. When you'll get a job after your studies, i'm sure that if you're still interested in TR militaria you'll be able to buy some nice Feldblusen. Try to buy good books first and dream while reading them, like all young collectors did in their youth....before being able to touch the real stuff with your own fingers and materialize all these years of patience and learning...don't forget to use the forum to get some help and advice....and never forget that TR militaria is heavily faked...

I got my first german tunic at 17 yrs old, a long time ago....and i still own it....a post-1941 (six buttons) summer lightweight Feldbluse for an artillery Oberleutnant found in Southern France.

As i always say, better quality than quantity, unless you can afford both...
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Good morning Philip, thanks for the info. I like learning.
    So the one i posted is a private purchase dienstbluse?
    The one used as a combat tunic during battles was the fieldbluse?
    Good morning too !
    you're welcome
    yes, it's correct, private purchase Dienstbluse
    The garment worn in combat by EM/NCO (and Officers) was the Feldbluse. Officers did wear the Dienstbluse in operations also, there are many photos showing officers at the front with a Dienstbluse, a Feldbluse or even a Rock.
    This kind of Dienstbluse is one of the most common items that you can find if you're interested in Officers stuff, along with Schirmmützen.
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Consonecollector,
    if you're only 15 yrs old it means that you've got all your collecting life to buy nice Feldblusen...i won't tell you to save as much pocket money as you can in order to buy german Feldblusen, live your youth, enjoy this wonderful time and study well to prepare your future. When you'll get a job after your studies, i'm sure that if you're still interested in TR militaria you'll be able to buy some nice Feldblusen. Try to buy good books first and dream while reading them, like all young collectors did in their youth....before being able to touch the real stuff with your own fingers and materialize all these years of patience and learning...don't forget to use the forum to get some help and advice....and never forget that TR militaria is heavily faked...

I got my first german tunic at 17 yrs old, a long time ago....and i still own it....a post-1941 (six buttons) summer lightweight Feldbluse for an artillery Oberleutnant found in Southern France.

As i always say, better quality than quantity, unless you can afford both...
    Thanks
    Good advice. That's what i did too. When i was a student in the University i got my first medals from a flea market in Bulgaria. A broken GAB and an east front medal without ribbon. I got excited but couldn't afford any militaria at the time. I waited for many years till i started working and having extra cash for militaria.
    First tunic at 17yrs? Well done that's something to be jealous about

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    First tunic at 17yrs? Well done that's something to be jealous about
    It was only a matter of luck....
    sometimes luck is good to you...most of time it's not...
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    It was only a matter of luck....
    sometimes luck is good to you...most of time it's not...
    Thanks
    True

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast