Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

eBay auction titled 'Original WW2 Leather Coat'...

Article about: ...The question being - How Original? Sellers description as follows - 'Interesting, 1943 dated, brown leather Deck Coat. Personalised modifications including removal of rear half-belt and c

Quote by Gurgulya View Post
    Just saw this thread, I know it's almost a year passed since the original post. But maybe you want to know, the leather coat is a Hungarian one for tank crews. You can even see a "KR" within the frame which stands for Központi Raktár (Central Depot). I've seen several of this coats where the markings were overpainted to sell them as WWI Austro-Hungarian avation jackets, it's the first time I see somebody made a KM jacket from the piece!
    Thank you kindly for the detailed information. I'm most surprised to learn the true origin of the item. I'm glad we were finally able to pinpoint as to which country it was linked to. It was a real head scratcher!
    With that said, half of me is kicking myself for not taking the punt and buying the item in hopes that one day ^^ such info ^^ would be verified. Not to worry.

I've learnt something today, which is the main thing. Great work!

All the best, Gillan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eBay auction titled 'Original WW2 Leather Coat'...
    P
    Many

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3