Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?

Article about: I have found what appears to be a field made tunic for sale and as a collector of camouflage I do find it an interesting garment. Waffen-SS Oak Leaf pattern (Eichenlaubmuster). There are two

?

Default Re: Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?

That M-36 Feldbluse could not have gone to a better home Eddie I am glad you like it it was a nice tunic.

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?
    P
    Many

?

The tunic arrived in the mail yesterday and there can now be no doubt that it is a post war manufactured item as the coverlock stitching is clearly evident and it would appear to have been applied with a surger type of sewing machine.
    The thread that was used in the construction does not pass the burn test either I would like to thank Lars wife Anna ( THANK YOU ANNA !!! ) for her imput on this detail her knowledge was the deciding factor for me on this textile as I decided early on not to bid a great amount of money for this item and set my high bid accordingly.
    Regardless of the out come I am still happy with it as it is an interesting piece and I am curios why some one would pick this particular pattern of Waffen SS Oak B to constuct a Gebirgsjager Wind jacket in this style when it should not be this question I may never know.
    I am not the purist that some are here when it comes to collecting and buy things that catch my eye or interest me some times taking a chance on something pays off some times not which is apparent with this piece as an original WW2 era item.
    The tunic will fit in well with my camouflage collection and will be an interesting addition but I do still have a few unanswered questions though regarding this textile now that I have it in hand there is some definate age and patina to the cloth and it smells of old canvas I dumped a cap of water on the cloth and it beads up and or roles away and does not soak in to the cloth so it has the same waterproof/resistant qualities as a Zeltbahn.
    The buttons would appear to be made from zink and are dated 43 and MM R,L,L in three small circles that form a triangle on the back side.
    I will include some more images of the cloth and buttons for further examination as I am still interested in opinions on the materials used in the construction ie.. was an original swath of war time cloth or a zeltbahn used in the constuction of this piece.
    I have contacted my good friend Manny on this particular piece and he reminded me that it was not so many years ago there were large amounts of WSS cloth found stored away in Germany and other wartime occupied countries and that I needed to take this in to consideration.
    I would like to thank every one that contributed to this thread or found it an interesting subject and with any luck we can determine if the textile that was used is original or not and use it as a learning tool .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?   Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?   Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?   Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  

?

Thank you for the kind words Mark Anna was very happy and a little amazed that a short glance could be so important.

I look forward to hear about the fabric itself. The Gebirgsjäger WSS overlap is a little strange. The way the jacket have been made indicates that it's not an attempt to fake anything. If so the maker must have had very little knowledge. I still think the fabric looks good.

Regards, Lars

?

( Bump ) Anyone have any thoughts on the cloth as original WSS or post war one other detail I noticed was an award loop on the left hand side of the tunic in between the pocket and two of the front buttons. the loops are constructed from a heavy five twist thread and looped sewn as they should be on an original piece you can make them out in image 3 on the first page.
    Some one has either spent a lot of money to have this manufactured or had spent many hours behind a sewing machine
    One other thought did any other armed forces make use of WSS cloth post war ?

Regards Mark K

?

(Bump help) Can we get some of the fabric guys to chime in?

I would not be surprised if the Norwegian army used some WSS items post war. They used a lot of TR equipment post war. Helmets E-tools etc.

Regards, Lars

Can you scan an example of both sides? I'm just not liking the green side, because of the weave pattern (like denim). Zelt and winter uniform camo material isn't like this, going from what I own.
    Actually after the war some unused stocks where made into woman's dresses etc
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-26-2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: added text

?

Excellent ideal Rene !!!
    I have scanned six different images of the fall and spring sides for a closer look and you are correct there are differances in the fabric weave on the fall side compared to the spring side . I have never handled any reenacters pieces or WSS repo cloth before .
    So I will be curious to see what becomes of this makes for an interesting study in textiles,weaves and patterns ( Real VS Repo ) would you be kind enough to scan your Oak B zeltbahn and post it for comparison .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?   Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  

Not original fabric IMO, compare it with the piece I posted and the cloth is totally different to my eyes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice jacket. I'm glad you like it. I dare say I would have liked it too, had I not fallen asleep when the bidding came to an end and if I'd won it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Regards

Martin

?

Thanks for the Imput Jerry I do believe you to be a 100% correct on your assesment of this textile the side with the summer pattern does not compare to the example that you posted at all and I was unshur if they manufactured this camo pattern on different mediums hence asking for opinions on the cloth .
    Regardless of the cloth used in the manufacture of this wind jacket I am happy with it for what it is and it looks good hanging on my wall. Hi Martin IMO it was a good buy for what I paid for it I have spent much more on original Camouflauge jackets that are in my collection ( Sorry for your loss ) Perhaps we could use this thread as a show case for original and repo Eichenlaubmuster items and swaths of cloth like the nice two originals posted by Jerry and Rene and explain there faults and or differances for future referance if anyone has any original and or repo WSS cloth you are more than welcome to post it here with a description of the item.

Again thanks to all that looked and replied to this thead...

Kind regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 09-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast