Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Exhibiting is what I do

Article about: It's funny how I dress up a mannequin and put all the accessories on it, but when the exhibit is over, the mannequin gets stripped and put back in the closet. I figured that putting together

Well, let me see what I can do on individual mannequins. The exhibit your are talking about was a co-exhibit with my friend who collects Imperial German stuff. He provided two WWI German cavalry tunics, one dress and the other a daily wear. Then I did the exact same way with WWII panzer uniforms to show the transition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Exhibiting is what I do   Exhibiting is what I do  

Exhibiting is what I do   Exhibiting is what I do  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Exhibiting is what I do
    P
    Many

The picture with me in it clearly shows my display shield made of Lexan by a craftsman I met at Richmond Show. It is custom-made and works to keep people from touching and stealing. Even so I take my hats off each night when the show closes for the night. The WH officer assault gun jacket and the WH enlisted black panzer jacket belong to Scott Pritchard. We did a co-exhibit together. It showed a lot: differences in style between WSS and WH; differences in insignia; and within each side, differences in insignia between officers and men. It was a worthy exhibit. I could have put it on myself, but I'm short one WH officer assault gun jacket. My two exhibits this year will be co-exhibits. The first is 16-17 July at the Race Track in Richmond. Y'all are invited to dinner and beer at Legends after the show closes on Saturday night. Come by and introduce yourselves!

amazing displays.

That Feuerschutzpolizei musician tunic is beautiful, love it.

One word.....WOW!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Oh wow, you really do justice to the uniforms and you got some really nice ones there. I'm happy to see those in good hands.

Excellent displays! So nice to see tunics complete with medals, ribbon bars, awards and belts. Very nice! Bob

What is interesting about the Fire Protection Police Musician is that the top pockets have been replaced. These uniforms belonged to the fire house. They were issued to firemen joining a fire house. When these men left, they had to return the uniforms. They were maintained by the fire house. In the 1960s, fire houses turned from dark-blue to black uniforms. This uniform required repair and as a result, got black pockets. The sleeve eagle is a restoration. Being a working uniform, the musician's swallow's nests are attached using metal hooks and eyes. I think the combination pink and dark-blue is great.

Very nice displays, and fantastic uniforms.

Dear Collectors,

It is with a sad heart that I have had to quit exhibiting because of finances. But let me make a few things clear. I have been reduced to Social Security Disability (SSD) as primary income. I have transitioned to the lower income. My house is paid for; have no bills. So since I can no longer afford to exhibit, I am releasing all of my Wehrmacht items, many that have been posted on this forum, and have been commented on.

NOTE: My Waffen-SS Collection is NOT for sale, so don't ask.

For list and prices: 'dltbgyd2003@hotmail..com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast