Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake artillery officer tunic at Ebay?

Article about: I don't usually specialize with TR tunics but this one looks very, very sloppy to me. More pictures in the Ebay listing. German Captain tunic Heer Wehrmacht Artillery complete and genuine ww

Default Fake artillery officer tunic at Ebay?

I don't usually specialize with TR tunics but this one looks very, very sloppy to me. More pictures in the Ebay listing.

German Captain tunic Heer Wehrmacht Artillery complete and genuine ww2 | eBay

An obvious fake is once again going for big bucks? I've heard that very few TR-era tunics are real at Ebay, and one is better to stay away from there.

-Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake artillery officer tunic at Ebay?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    From this single photo, i see no red flag with this Reichswehr Rock...
    Dark Feldgrau collar, sew-in Officer shoulderboards, the sleeve is hiding the Hoheitsabzeichen as this Rock was re-used in the Wehrmacht Heer....
    It's a bit dirty and crumpled that's all...
    From the photo, i can also say that this Rock is a privately purchased example
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 11-21-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: correction

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    From this single photo, i see no red flag with this Reichswehr Rock...
    Dark Feldgrau collar, sew-in Officer shoulderboards, the sleeve is hiding the Hoheitsabzeichen as this Rock was re-used in the Wehrmacht Heer....
    It's a but dirty and crumpled that's all...
    From the photo, i can also say that this Rock is a privately purchased example
    Thanks
    Interesting, thanks! I didn't expect this one to be real. Well, shows what I know

TWS
    ?

One photo is not enough for me to really evaluate this one, but based on JPhilip's comment it probably has promise. The award loops are huge and crude and highly unlikely to be period IMO.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    One photo is not enough for me to really evaluate this one, but based on JPhilip's comment it probably has promise. The award loops are huge and crude and highly unlikely to be period IMO.
    I agree, that's what raised my suspicions, along with this tailors tag that has a rather crude hand sewn application as opposed to being machine sewn. Was this common? There's another tag that is machine sewn, though. A few more pics below.

-Joel

?

What kind of badges would be so slim that they would fit next to each other on the pocket?! Someone pimped it up post war, the lack of skill in this would make me believe it is a kid long time ago.

My 2 centavos worth.