Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Fake Cap Eagle Confirmation Help Please

Article about: This came in a lot of items from auction. I think it is a reproduction but would like to confirm my thoughts before I throw in the trash. The details on the front look bad, the prongs do not

Default Fake Cap Eagle Confirmation Help Please

This came in a lot of items from auction. I think it is a reproduction but would like to confirm my thoughts before I throw in the trash. The details on the front look bad, the prongs do not look right to me. The RZM is on the wrong side compared to others I have seen and I do not think this maker made this style. All opinions are appreciated. Apologies for crappy lighting but I do not think it makes much difference in this case.
    John

Fake Cap Eagle Confirmation Help PleaseFake Cap Eagle Confirmation Help PleaseFake Cap Eagle Confirmation Help Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Cap Eagle Confirmation Help Please
    P
    Many

I unfortunately would half to agree with you John. The eagles head has a distinct pigeon shape, and as you mentioned the detail of the head is bad especially on the reverse. Likewise as you noted the prong attachment point, being directly soldered to the back and not folded over and soldered would be rather weak. Best regards.

Brian

Thank you for the confirmation. Going in the trash.
    John