Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirm-Panzer Division 1 Hermann Göring setup

Article about: Hi guys, Sorry to excite you if you expected to see a nice HG display. Believe me, if I could afford it, I would have a beautiful one! I was just wondering if someone could outline the exact

Default Fallschirm-Panzer Division 1 Hermann Göring setup

Hi guys,

Sorry to excite you if you expected to see a nice HG display. Believe me, if I could afford it, I would have a beautiful one!

I was just wondering if someone could outline the exact uniform and equipment a basic rifleman from the division would be issued. My U.S. 88th division reenactor friends and I are considering doing an HG impression as well, and I just don't know exactly what all we would need. Obscure units like HG, combat police, etc. confuse me with regards to their equipment layout. I would like to know what every piece of issued gear should be, down to the shirts and socks.

Thanks to those who take the time to help me out!

Best regards,
    Mo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirm-Panzer Division 1 Hermann Göring setup
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fallschirm-Panzer Division 1 Hermann Göring setup

Hi Mo, a very broad question here.

We need to know which theatre of war you are interested in: North Africa, Italy or the Ostfront.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As he says falschirmpanzer div HG, I assume he means after July 43, so not Africa and before July 44, so probably Italy, though I think some units were on the East front during that time?

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Mo

You should get this Osprey book from Amazon, it has some great references!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Fallschirm-Panzer Division 1 Hermann Göring setup 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Sorry guys, I was being very vague! Silly of me, anyway, I would be interested in their average Italian Campaign-era kit.

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Hi Mo

You should get this Osprey book from Amazon, it has some great references!

Nick
    Good tip Nick!

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Good tip Nick!
    Indeed, I have it in my collection.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

I have dozens of those Osprey books they are a good quick, at a glance reference

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks, Nick. I will look around for a copy on Amazon.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Sorry guys, I was being very vague! Silly of me, anyway, I would be interested in their average Italian Campaign-era kit.
    Hi,

The problem is there is not an average Italian Campaign era kit, as such, because the HG were made up of original members from the Police, Paratroopers, ex army panzer members, as well as any spare Luftwaffe crew from other units. I have a Wehrpass to a signals/phone operator transferred to the HG and I think this was common. Some would have Luftwaffe tropical kit, others para smocks etc...panzer and assault gun wrappers, of army & HG pattern, some would have four pocket service tunics, whilst others including the paras might have flieger jackets. And in the winter on in the mountains, great coats and other winter gear would be worn. Caps ranging from visors, sidecaps-continental & tropical- Mayer caps, whilst M35, M38, M40 & M42 helmets might all be seen.

Give you a lot of choice, but tropical with para kit would probably be that which was most commonly seen, IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast