Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fallschirmjäger uniforms, headgear, equipment and insignias thread

Article about: Here another point of collecting interest, Fallschirmjäger and related. Pleas feel free to post any question or remarks regarding this subject and of course any items from your own collectio

?

Default Re: Fallschirmjäger uniforms, headgear, equipment and insignias thread

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger uniforms, headgear, equipment and insignias thread  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjäger uniforms, headgear, equipment and insignias thread
    P
    Many

?

The awards are denazified
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger uniforms, headgear, equipment and insignias thread  

?

Picture from the FJ vet

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Fallschirmjäger uniforms, headgear, equipment and insignias thread

A beautiful tunic and great addition to the thread, thanks for sharing, although I don’t possess one me self these tropical tunics have always fascinated me, at the moment I’m reading the book ‘It never snows in September’ concerning operation Market Garden from the German point of view, it mentioned a Luftwaffe penal battalion just transferred from Italy to Holland who still wore there tropical uniforms and gear. Knowing you got it from the vet makes it a great piece of history, thanks again.

?

Hallo

Thanks for your nice commend, i forgot to mention that the vet
    was in the Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 1 and fought in russia (Orel)
    and Italy

Grüsse
    Herbert

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Fallschirmjäger uniforms, headgear, equipment and insignias thread

Quote by Ostmark View Post
    Hallo

Thanks for your nice commend, i forgot to mention that the vet
    was in the Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 1 and fought in russia (Orel)
    and Italy

Grüsse
    Herbert
    Interesting addition information to this already great piece, thanks again for sharing and I hope it will inspire other members to share there Fallschirmjäger related items too.

Hello Ostmark,

I concur, a very nice grouping! Don't worry about the de nazification, the soldier did it so it is legit ad a part of their history.

Cheers and thanks for sharing!

Gary

Erwin L
    ?

Quote by Grutte Pier View Post
    A beautiful tunic and great addition to the thread, thanks for sharing, although I don’t possess one me self these tropical tunics have always fascinated me, at the moment I’m reading the book ‘It never snows in September’ concerning operation Market Garden from the German point of view, it mentioned a Luftwaffe penal battalion just transferred from Italy to Holland who still wore there tropical uniforms and gear.
    Meindert,

You know this unit fought in Valkenswaard on 17th September 1944. They wore indeed tropical uniforms and civilians first thougt the were British because of the khaki colours. I have a soldbuch from a member with an interesting note on one page. Here is a picture with a soldbuch and wehrpass from 2 different soldiers who fought in Valkenswaard on 17th september 1944 tha day Market Garden started. The wehrpass belongs to a soldier from fsj regt von Hoffmann

Ostmark great tunic

regards Erwin
    Last edited by Erwin L; 10-19-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Grutte Pier
    ?

Quote by Erwin L View Post
    Meindert,

You know this unit fought in Valkenswaard on 17th September 1944. They wore indeed tropical uniforms and civilians first thougt the were British because of the khaki colours. I have a soldbuch from a member with an interesting note on one page. Here is a picture with a soldbuch and wehrpass from 2 different soldiers who fought in Valkenswaard on 17th september 1944 tha day Market Garden started. The wehrpass belongs to a soldier from fsj regt von Hoffmann

Ostmark great tunic

regards Erwin
    As a local historian you know, citation from the book ‘It never snows in September’ “Luftwaffe penal battalion 6 also arrived, its four rifle companies of infantry where to prove ineffective. Earmarked for “special assignments”, and newly arrived from Italy, its unfortunate soldiers were still wearing there tropical uniforms”.

vince54
    ?

Hi, this is a very good topic !!!! Very nice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast