Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!

Article about: Hello All, POOR PHOTOS - PIPING IS YELLOW ON ALL - NOT ORANGE I know absolutely nothing about shoulder boards so please bear with me here. Attached are photos of, what I have been told, are

Luther
    ?

Default Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!

Hello All,

POOR PHOTOS - PIPING IS YELLOW ON ALL - NOT ORANGE

I know absolutely nothing about shoulder boards so please bear with me here.

Attached are photos of, what I have been told, are very difficult to find Fallschirmjager shoulder boards - especially the 1st and 2nd pairs.

The 1st pair are tropical so I know why these are scarce. On the other hand, the 2nd pair looks exactly the same as the 4th pair - so what in the hell is the difference that accounts for pair 2 being 230 Euros more than pair 4???!!

Seller's exact descriptions verbatim:

1st Pair
    Scarce pair WH Luftwaffe NCO 'Flieger/Fallschirmjäger' 'Unteroffizier' tropical boards having chocolate coloured Luftwaffe NCO braid - mint unissued condition! (235 E)

2nd Pair
    WH (Luftwaffe) HBT boards - 'Flieger-/Fallschirmjäger' (and 'Felddivisionen'!)- mint condition! (325 E)

3rd Pair
    Scarce M44 model WH (Luftwaffe) matching pair of 'Flieger/Fallschirmjäger' NCO-type shoulder-boards - slightly used condition! (120 E)

4th Pair
    Matching pair WH (Luftwaffe) soldiers' type 'Fallschirmjäger-/Flieger' shoulder-boards - slightly used condition! (95 E)

What am I missing/not understanding??

A. Are all of these shoulder boards correct?

B. Are they actually scarce/difficult to find or am I being fed incorrect information?

C. Do any of these boards require "slip-on" numbers or does other insignia need to be applied to make the board complete and correct?

D. Is the construction correct? - 2nd pair workmanship looks a bit shoddy to me - someone's basement production?

E. Is one type more desirable than all the others or are they all equally desirable (e.g. Same high demand only because they are Fallschirmjager shoulder boards, as opposed to Heer, Kriegsmarine, etc.)?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!   Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!  

Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!   Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!  

Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!   Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Fallschirmjager Shoulder Boards - Need Info/Guidance - Help!!

Hi, none require any additions to them.

While these were of course worn by the FJ, it is a bit of a marketing ploy to emphasize that aspect.

All look good to me. But shoulder straps are now real nightmare: fakes abound.

Tropical ones are always in high demand. In fact, I need a pair myself.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi,
    The first pair look like tropical shirt boards and if real, are fairly rare and therefore command a high price.
    The second pair, which are made of HBT (herring bone twill) are I think also quite rare and again pricey. They are very different to the 4th pair.
    The m44's are not common.
    Prices are probably ok, if they are real.

VonBond

?

All are real. It is just a bummer that the M44 boards are missing the pips.

Hello luther

I want to get in contact with you
    Also are you still on the forum? Im Asking this because i reply on youre post after 14years it was posted

Greetings hbtlover