Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title

Article about: Im guessing a repro? I have yet to see one with the edges folded around like that and it looks a little too new to me. I am leaving this one up to the experts haha.

?

Default Re: Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title

And here is an example of the embroidered type. Much scarcer than the woven type, though they may not look as nice. I have several hundred good wartime Feldgendarmerie photos and have found several that clearly show an embroidered cuffband being worn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title
    P
    Many

Some more great info! Thanks Red!

?

There is a newer fake of the machine woven cuffband which has appeared recently. I'm trying to get hold of one for study and will post some pics if I get one.

One further little point, if you look at the bottom band in the reverse shot of the set of three I posted (this is by far the rarest and most desirable type) it appears to have been manufactured by the firm who made a number of Waffen-SS cuffbands, the style is identical to, for example, the "Hitlerjugend" machine woven band.

?

The Luftwaffe of course wore the regular army pattern cuffband so just for completeness, here are the other two, the SS machine woven band and the MKP embroidered band worn by Naval Police.

Feldgendarmerie Cuff TitleFeldgendarmerie Cuff Title

?

I know several collectors who doubted that the army ever wore the wool embroidered type of cuffband and only believed in the woven types, so here are a few examples from wartime photos of embroidered types being worn.

Feldgendarmerie Cuff TitleFeldgendarmerie Cuff TitleFeldgendarmerie Cuff Title

You just made an excellent reference thread Redcap. Good job and thanks.

Jay

?

Here is the lastest fake to hit the market. Extremely well executed lettering, just as neat as the originals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title  

?

Fortunately the reverse weave pattern is nothing like any original ever made, so it shouldn't pose any real risk to any serious collector. Great for re-enactors though.

?

hello
    what do you think about my cuff,please?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title   Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title  

Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title   Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title  

?

I'm sure there will be people who will tell you this band is wrong (some people can't see beyond the common type with loose threads on the reverse) but for me it looks perfectly good. This type is being faked but originals with this weave pattern exist and this looks like a good one. Material looks fine, colour looks fine, sharpness of the execution of the letter font looks fine.

If I was looking for another Feldgendarmerie band, I would have no hesitation in buying one of this type.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast