Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title

Article about: Im guessing a repro? I have yet to see one with the edges folded around like that and it looks a little too new to me. I am leaving this one up to the experts haha.

?

Here is one of only a handful of embroidered type Feldgendarmerie cuffbands I have ever seen that were genuine- the vast majority of embroidered types being fake.

The majority of genuine embroidered versions are from the very early war period during the transitional period and were worn by Motorisierte Gendarmerie personnel serving as temporary Feldgendarmen before the expansion of the Army's own military police branch. The majority of these have no edge braid and are on a darker chocolate brown colour wool. See the embroidered type with no edging above.

All of the wartime photos I have of embroidered type bands being worn by Army Feldgendarmen show bands which copy the BeVo type - I,e, have edging. As you can see the brown wool on this example is a close match to the brown of the BeVo style.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title
    P
    Many

Hey Brad. I have a very similar cuff title to yours. I bought it a a possible repro. Looks like It is. Mine however is embroidered on cotton, much like the Afrika cuff title. I was hoping for it to be real, only because I read that the only real cuff titles that were bordered were done on a cotton material and were lighter than the K
    nown Chocolate brown Wool fakes that are everywhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3