Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title

Article about: Im guessing a repro? I have yet to see one with the edges folded around like that and it looks a little too new to me. I am leaving this one up to the experts haha.

Default Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title

Im guessing a repro? I have yet to see one with the edges folded around like that and it looks a little too new to me. I am leaving this one up to the experts haha.

Feldgendarmerie Cuff TitleFeldgendarmerie Cuff TitleFeldgendarmerie Cuff TitleFeldgendarmerie Cuff TitleFeldgendarmerie Cuff Title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title
    P
    Many

Default Re: Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title

There are a bunch of views but no comments. Y'all have any help with this?

Hi Brad, I have not seen very many examples of this specific cuff, but it definitely looks bad to me. Modern replica, many problems in my opinion. Wait and see if you get some more opinions in the morning since it's now been bumped back up.

Jay

I have never seen an original one made in this way before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade,
    From all the searching I did, I could not find one similar either. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have never seen an original one made in this way before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Same comment here....
    sorry for not helping more, but the only one i know is the BeVo example...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Definitely a modern fake. No original Feldgendarmerie bands were ever made in this style, which is effectively a machine embroidered replica of the machine woven style. At least six variants are known to exist for the Feldgendarmerie cuffband, one in machine embroidery on brown wool, one in hand embroidery on brown wool, one in hand embroidery with aluminium Russia braid edging for officers (these three being in the same style as the "Motorisierte Gendarmerie" cuffbands of the Police) and three different weave patterns for the machine woven "Bevo" styles.

Here are the three best known original weave types.

Thank you for the examples Red.

?

Quote by bradanimal View Post
    Thank you for the examples Red.
    You're welcome.
    Actually there are also differences in the faces of the bands too, exact shape of the letters differ and the spacing between the letters can be slightly different from maker to maker. With practise even when the band is sewn onto a sleeve you can tell which weave type it is on the back by studying the letters on the face.

The centre example above is quite interesting as I have been able over the years to pick up several of these at rock bottom prices due to them having been condemned as bad in on-line discussions. They are 100% good, BUT have been faked which probably led to this type being condemned.

You can see how close the copies are from these shots. Ignoring the colour difference (originals can vary quite a bit), at first glance the copies are good but the weave pattern isn't quite 100% correct and the lettering on the originals is much "sharper".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title   Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title  

Attached Images Attached Images Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title  Feldgendarmerie Cuff Title 

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for posting top quality info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast