Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?

Article about: Hi, Need some help with this type of cuffband. Fake or good early type ?? Thank`s and regards Jürgen

?

Default Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?

Hi, Need some help with this type of cuffband. Fake or good early type ??

Thank`s and regards
    Jürgen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?   Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?  

Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?   Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?  

Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?   Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?
    P
    Many

?

more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?   Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?  

not sure about it,but i have to say looks good!!

?

I certainly wouldn't write this one off. It resembles the kind of heavier hand embroidered lettering found on some period Luftwaffe cufftitles.
    Embroidered Feldgendarmerie cufftitles certainly existed and are known from period photos, but the vast majority of embroidered examples circulating are fake. People are always going to be more suspicious of the embroidered type especially with some really nice copies coming from the Far East but based on the photos this one IMO definitely stands a chance.
    Have you done the obvious tests such as burning a few fibres and UV lighting the embroidery ?

?

Hello, thank`s for your answer, did not do any testing so far, the cuff belongs to a collectorfriend of mine. So he should do this...i can only tell you, that the cuff Comes from a private householdsale. Saddly no other Information so far...

Thank`s and regards
    Jürgen
    Last edited by jm11; 08-16-2014 at 06:56 PM.

?

Here is an embroidered example I own and believe to be an authentic wartime piece, and an example of what is clearly an embroidered example being worn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Feldgendarmerie cuff title wooltype fake ? 

?

Do you have a reverse pic of your cuff ?? Would be nice to see, lettering is different, like the Serife "m" or the "l" for example, but how longer i look at yours, i do like the cuff of my friend...

Thank`s and regards
    Jürgen

looks ok.

?

Quite common for embroidered cufftitles to differ slightly in detail ( Grossdeutschland cufftitles are a prime example), especially when comparing hand embroidered to machine embroidered. Here are three other embroidered originals, all varying in detail.

Mine is tunic removed, and still sewn together at the ends.

?

Thank`s for the additional pics !!!

Jürgen